PDA

View Full Version : Going Through Withdrawals

Jvicaretti
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
already and one of my sandpaper belts just broke! Just ordered a set and they will ship today.

badger
08-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Im just curious but would a possible rubber adhesive backing belt attached work better and last longer? If they made it of course. A textured rubber to grip the wood.

Such as these.

http://www.sparksbelting.com/rubber-urethane-belting.html

FiddlemakerMills
08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
IMHO, I don't want to have rubber belts on the CC or CW machines. I have them on my Drum sander and they slip and tear easy. I have replaced them twice now and am thinking of converting to sand paper belts for that applaction.

Rocky
08-26-2008, 04:11 AM
already and one of my sandpaper belts just broke! Just ordered a set and they will ship today.

What caused your belts to fail? I thought they were designed to last the life of the machine?

Jvicaretti
08-26-2008, 05:36 AM
Yes they are supposed to last the life of the machine. I am not sure what happened, I was starting a carve just like the one I had just done and it happened. I was standing there and hit stop as soon as I realized something was wrong.

bobi
08-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes they are supposed to last the life of the machine. I am not sure what happened, I was starting a carve just like the one I had just done and it happened. I was standing there and hit stop as soon as I realized something was wrong.

While they don't really wear out, if you get wood chips jammed into them or gouge them with the corner of a board, you WILL tear them up. Also if you let sawdust build up real deep you can end up with the belt walking to one side and that will start fraying the edge leading to a tear and needing a replacement.