PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Probe

lhanner
08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
I am thinking about buying the scanning probe. Is it worth it ?. Whats the learning curve ?

Thanks to all
Lon

AskBud
08-25-2008, 06:10 AM
The learning curve does not seem hard.
Here is a link to a video.
AskBud
http://www.carvebuddy.com/scanningvideo_how_it_works.html

eromran
08-25-2008, 08:16 AM
I am thinking about buying the scanning probe. Is it worth it ?. Whats the learning curve ?

Thanks to all
LonThe software is some what tied to designer so there is not much more of a learning curve plus the software alone lets you do a little more. The are several back issues of tips and tips available on the web site that deal with the software if you would read them you would have a good understanding of the probe and software. So in my own case the probe is well worth it and a great thing to have even if you just use it every once in a while.

dragoncarver
08-29-2008, 10:31 AM
i am very happy with my probe except i get a stall error when scanning something wide and i have had a problem with cable falling down and getting in the probe has anyone else solved this problem i tryed duct tape and that increased the stall error because it shorten the cable

AskBud
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
i am very happy with my probe except i get a stall error when scanning something wide and i have had a problem with cable falling down and getting in the probe has anyone else solved this problem i tryed duct tape and that increased the stall error because it shorten the cable
The probe should have come with a small black clip that attaches to the middle of the machine just under the cover.
AskBud

Hexe SA
08-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Had the same problem and it was one of the tabs in the connector of the cable to the machine that was bend. Pair of needle nose straightened it out and no more stall problems. The clip wore out quickly. I put a rubber band arround the cable and duct taped that to the cover. Works so far.
Eva

dragoncarver
08-30-2008, 11:15 AM
i did not get that clip i bought my scanner with my cw before the port fell off but duh why did i not think of the rubber band

dragoncarver
09-15-2008, 08:55 PM
does anyone know if scans going to the memory card go in some kind of order. i have started at the top and bottom and i still have to check each one till i find the one i need or delete them as i download them.

TerryT
09-15-2008, 09:00 PM
If you look at the LCD display when starting a scan it will say "Scan3" or Scan 5" or what ever. I think that is the order they are on the card but not sure.

As for the cable, I use a rubber band also. I drilled a small hole in the cover and use a paper clip through the hole to hold the rubber band.

dragoncarver
09-19-2008, 11:47 AM
thanks terry i will look next time to see

jeff