PDA

View Full Version : CW MAchine speed

undrtkr
08-24-2008, 06:42 PM
I have carved one pattern three times. Each time, when it gets about half done, the cut motor speeds up. Sounds like almost double the speed. Is this normal?
Thanks
Tom

FiddlemakerMills
08-24-2008, 06:53 PM
This was talked about under another thread. If you do a search for cut motor speed change you will find it.

I also have the same situation but no damage so far. This started after I downloaded 1.130 and installed. It was sugested to change the firm ware on the card to an earler version to see if this would correct the speed change.

I haven't been able to do this yet, but will once the maching is running again.

I recommend doing the search and reading the other posts. They have helped me out extensively. There may be other causes to this problem that I haven't found yet.

Keep looking

Carl

liquidguitars
08-24-2008, 06:58 PM
could be a dirty flexshaft or RPM sensor..
also the CW with change speeds when drilling.

LG

FiddlemakerMills
08-24-2008, 07:02 PM
I performed that update and tested it before the Quick change chuck fell apart. I still had the speed change.

"Still scratching head with no hair left to speak of"

Carl

undrtkr
08-24-2008, 07:04 PM
OK, maybe I can't count, but each time I enter the search it gives me an error. Too short, not a four word minimum. What the heck am I doing wrong?
Tom

TerryT
08-24-2008, 07:05 PM
This started from day one of the carvewright. Back then you would get a CCM (check cut motor) error. The machine would stop and you had to press enter to continue the carve. When you continued, the cut motor would run full speed, also known as turbo speed. With the 1.126 software upgrade you still had the same problem but didn't have to push enter to continue. The machine would just automatically go to turbo speed and finish the carve without stopping. LHR has never got a handle on this and it apparently continues two years later.

liquidguitars
08-24-2008, 07:10 PM
The machine would just automatically go to turbo speed and finish the carve without stopping. LHR has never got a handle on this and it apparently continues two years later.

this was tracked down to a dirty or loose magnet, as
some of the makes or lube was melting the RPM sensors glue.

I think that the CW speeding up and down tells us the unit is working as it should be unless the RPM sensor is bad..

drilling speeds (http://www.liquidguitars.com/Saltdot/TeleDO.MOV)

LG

FiddlemakerMills
08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8352&highlight=Motor+speed+change

Try this link

Carl

MikeMcCoy
08-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I just finished a series (4) of 3 hour carves and on each, it sped up about 15 minutes into the carve. This was on two machines by the way and the carves were perfect so I guess I'll worry about it when something goes wrong. :)

FiddlemakerMills
08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Mike :What version are you using 1.130 and what version firmware ?

LG: I can't seem to get the link you posted to work. I takes me to an apple download site.

Carl

Ike
08-24-2008, 11:37 PM
You know mine speeds up evey now and then and it is new. Thought it was just version 1.130. Hope it's not the cut motor or sensor, thought the new designed cut motor took care of needing a new RPM sensor?

Found an extra RPM sensor from old machine, if I need to I will try a new RPM sensor. Still think it is part of the 1.130 software, speeds up when it needs to? Maybe our resident LHR tech an clear this up for us?

Ike

MikeMcCoy
08-25-2008, 06:16 AM
Mike :What version are you using 1.130 and what version firmware ?

Carl

I'm running 1.13

Icutone2
08-25-2008, 09:28 AM
My machine using 1.126 has had the CCM error from the begining, I just think of
it as a reminder to turn on the dust collector. All of the carvings have turned out wright, with over 250 hours on the machine. I think I would forget to turn on the dust collector if it ever started up and carved the part without stopping
LOL.