PDA

View Full Version : Bit Depth

jerrbitt
08-24-2008, 05:12 PM
I carved the attached pattern but when the CW went to cut the paths, the bit would not touch down even though it did touch the bit plate. The board thickness is .50 and it appears the CW is looking for a 3/4" board.

Any solutions?

By the way this is the first cut using v 1.130. Had to upgrade since I lost the original version due to a computer problem. LHR did tell me when I asked if I could download 1.126, that I could not but they would send me a CD with it for $5.00

FiddlemakerMills
08-24-2008, 06:43 PM
By the way this is the first cut using v 1.130. Had to upgrade since I lost the original version due to a computer problem. LHR did tell me when I asked if I could download 1.126, that I could not but they would send me a CD with it for $5.00

This is one question that I have been looking for.

Thanks for the info. I will be watching for this on my machine when the parts arrive.

Carl

Amonaug
08-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I carved the attached pattern but when the CW went to cut the paths, the bit would not touch down even though it did touch the bit plate. The board thickness is .50 and it appears the CW is looking for a 3/4" board.

Any solutions?

For a cut path it must touch in 2 places. The bit plate like every other bit and then when it checks the thickness of the board it must touch the guide plate along the side of the board opposite the keypad.