PDA

View Full Version : Two Signs

CraigBrownDesigns
08-22-2008, 08:02 PM
I wanted to thank the gentleman who posted that great sign he made for a friend. Unfortunalty I can't remember his name but he'll recognize the work. I've also just completed a retirement sign. Our friends wife was teary eye'd over the house sign. Thank you again!!!
-Looks like I need pratice on posting pics, sorry everyone, maybe on my next attempt-

forqnc
08-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Craig click on the link in my signature for posting pictures, we really like to see pics.

brdad
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
For those with Win XP (may work on vista as well) - when all you need to do to an image is resize , Microsoft has a PowerToy named "Image Resizer". Just right click the image file and choose the new size. Works pretty slick for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx

CraigBrownDesigns
08-26-2008, 09:06 PM
House sign done for friend of my Family. Borrowed this idea from CNSRanch and very appreciative!

CraigBrownDesigns
08-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Sign made for my Mother's Retirement Party

CraigBrownDesigns
08-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Front view retirement sign.
Thanks again for all your help and inspiration!

Jvicaretti
08-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Very nice signs, Craig

CraigBrownDesigns
08-26-2008, 09:52 PM
The only problem I had in cutting the Retirement sign was the arch and straight portion surrounding the CenterLine text. I removed the piece from the CarveWright when I noticed the stepping during the second pass. I handsawed the length but will opt for a jigsaw in the future. I hope I'll be able to resolve the brass roller problem before my next lengthy sign.

fwharris
08-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Craig,

Great job on the signs! The finish on the house sign is tops.
No "sorry's" for the picture post! In no time you will be doing it in your sleep..

FYI.. You can attach more than one picture to a post.

Digitalwoodshop
08-27-2008, 10:01 AM
GREAT SIGNS !!!! Love the Trees in the Oval.... Great Idea !!!!
As for the stepping, old sand paper belts loose the bite and adding a strip of masking tape to the board at the brass roller really helps. Look at the tape after a cut and see the tracks.... A good thing.....

AL

cnsranch
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Craig

I'm flattered you liked it enough to give it your go!

And never call me a gentleman again :p

Icutone2
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Looking Good!!

CraigBrownDesigns
08-27-2008, 08:35 PM
You wouldn't believe the response from the wife regarding the house sign! I did mention that I borrowed the idea, but she was just happy to receive it and hung it up within 10 minutes of us getting to their house.
It made the first sign off of my machine a hit!
Thank you!

yellowdog
08-27-2008, 08:43 PM
That is one fine looking sign! As a added bonus your wife sees value in your efforts! GREAT job!:)