PDA

View Full Version : Not Having much luck here.

carvingcanuck
08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
:( I just tried to carve a design in the middle of a board that I successfully edge routed. However the machine while measuring the edge routed board keeps telling me to clean the sensor. After blowing air on it a few times and wiping it, I am still getting the same message to clear the board sensor. I called the hot line and they suggested removing the sensor by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place. One scew came off fine, but the other screw wouldn't budge and after putting a bit more oooomph behind it, I am afraid that the screw might be starting to strip. Any wonderful words of wisdom?????

Ken Massingale
08-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I'd do the edge routing after the carve. Is the CW measuring again after doing the edge rout, after the bit change? The CW wants nice square edges not a profile edge.

Ike
08-22-2008, 06:21 PM
:( I just tried to carve a design in the middle of a board that I successfully edge routed. However the machine while measuring the edge routed board keeps telling me to clean the sensor. After blowing air on it a few times and wiping it, I am still getting the same message to clear the board sensor. I called the hot line and they suggested removing the sensor by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place. One scew came off fine, but the other screw wouldn't budge and after putting a bit more oooomph behind it, I am afraid that the screw might be starting to strip. Any wonderful words of wisdom?????

If I gather what you are asking is how to get the striped screw out? Try a small pair of vise grips or a pair of lineman pliers, the ones with flat nose. Used it before and it works. Or try a smaller phillip head screw driver.

You need to get a new screw, those screws in the machine are made of soft metal.

Ike

Amonaug
08-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Could also try a flat head screwdriver, in fact I use it on those screws all the time instead of a philips head just so I don't strip them.

carvingcanuck
08-22-2008, 08:15 PM
thanks guys I'll try some of your suggestions.
cheers

jiml
08-22-2008, 09:16 PM
I was having trouble with the board sensor. I had to remove it and take it apart, clean out the dust put it back together and reinstall it for EVERY project. The last time I fumbled the little plastic window that collects the dust and lost it. So I put the sensor back in without the window and I have not had to clean it yet. A doz. projects and NO problems. YET.