PDA

View Full Version : new guy

dchris4691
08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi everybody.
I have been reading this site on and off for a long time now. I have read a lot of bad and good comment’s from the poster on this site. And all the help and advice you guys and gals give. And it sounds like a great bunch to hang out with. So I ordered a CW a few days ago. I must like to live on the edge, but then again I like a good challenge I guess. Lol. I have downloaded the owners manual and software and have been reading and using them to excess (so my wife tells me) lol. I have gather all the lubricants that is recommended and have spot picked out in my shop. I have built the scanning sled and I think I am ready to go. BTW I ordered the CW, scanning probe, and bit set with case from LHR (Go big or go home oh wait I am home) lol.

Dennis

atauer
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Dennis,

Glad to hear that you are joining the family. The guys (and gals) here on the forum are your new best friends. They will give you any information you will ever need as well as advice on specific issues that you may encounter.

Also keep in mind that the tech staff here at LHR is very knowledgable in what they do and will get you taken care of if you ever have any issues with your machine. Simply give them a call and they will get the issue resolved in a quick and timely manner. That is what we have been trained to do.

Also, any time you are on here and you have a question, try doing a search first. You may find the answer quicker searching than if you post and wait for a response. If you find that there isn't an answer for your question by searching, then put up a post. You will get alot of feedback from some of the senior members who are quite knowledgable (you know who I'm talking about, senior members!)

Other than that, it is good to hear that you are doing the "homework" as everyone says by reading up on the machine and past issues that have been encountered. You should be able to get your machine up and running with minimal issues.

Welcome aboard and we hope that you enjoy your machine. We look forward to seeing some of your fantastic projects on here. Everyone here loves pictures!

Jvicaretti
08-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Dennis, it is good to have another member. I hope you enjoy your machine as much as I enjoy mine.

Tom75
08-22-2008, 01:34 PM
welcom to the family . you will have lots of fun

Icutone2
08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the Carvewright family, looking forward to seeing your work
or play which ever it may be. Again WELCOME!:)

www.go3d.us
08-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Welcome, we'll looking forward to see you show off some of your work in the future :).
HT

FiddlemakerMills
08-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Welcome, Hope to see more posts from you, mabey your experience will help some of us (like me, He He).

Carl

fwharris
08-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Dennis,

Welcome to your new carving family! You have taken a very good step by reading up on the forum. The more you know the better you will go!

mtylerfl
08-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Hello Dennis,

Welcome.

Be sure to sign up for the the Free Tips & Tricks Monthly Newsletter! Especially important are the Dec '07 and Jan '08 issues. Those two will help you avoid common pilot errors and teach you how to properly lubricate and maintain the machine. (Be sure to read all the Tips & Tricks issues for a progressive "instruction course", if you will.)

You can sign up to receive the Tips & Tricks automatically via email by visiting the CarveWright home page (http://www.carvewright.com/) and filling in the "Join Our Mailing List" box.

You can download any back issues you may have missed by clicking on the appropriate link below my signature...

All the Best!

TerryT
08-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Poor guy! Get ready to start trying to hide your addiction from family and friends. Soon you will be making excuses as to why you can't spend time with friends. You will be secretly sneaking off to the shop to carve.

A word of advice. Get the wife interested by letting her help. My wife now gets upset if I don't do enough to keep her painting and decorating! She has been watching me so much that now she can use the software and design a project almost as well as I can. Pretty soon she's gonna want her own machine!

dchris4691
08-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Thank you guys for all the nice encouragement, and your support. I have printed all the tips and tricks and put them in a 3 ring binder to keep in my shop for quick and easy reference. So let the carving began. Lol.

Dennis

Rocky
08-23-2008, 04:14 AM
Welcome, Dennis. I just got my CW about a month ago.

Hey, I'm no longer the newest Newbie! :mrgreen: