PDA

View Full Version : the whole system

DerbyCityMan
08-21-2008, 04:14 PM
from what i am reading it seems that there is a LOT of issues with both the software and the machine.
from fires and the boards not moving correctly to the software issues I AM having with my MAC.
i am only trying the demo and from what i see I'm glad i haven't bought a system yet.

i truly hope the problems get solved soon, because i believe this is a great thing for wood workers.

roughcut
08-21-2008, 05:13 PM
There is alot more success stories. i am very pleased with my machine . And the forum is full of information when ever I do have a problem. Ans Cw has never failed to help me when ever I have called them..:D

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
08-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Well speaking for myself i have had my fair share of problems with about 90% user error or some kind of contributing error.. I had to learn to crawl before i could walk... I use windows vista with the software almost a year now and never had a software problem. Im pretty confident in my ability to run the software and machine with no problems now.. Keep in mind its not a planer or table saw. Just remember theres two sides to every story.. Im pretty happy with my machine...

Ron Baird
08-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Considering there are over 10,000 machines sold the problems are actually very few. As stated most of the problems on the forum are self inflicted and very few users contact the forum if they are having no problems. The software has some bugs (which they do fix) but what software doesn,t, even Microsoft and Apple can produce bug free software and they have been at it a lot longer than Carvewright. Carvewright is upgrading what the m/c can do every time they change the software. If you are going to wait until all the problems are gone to get a m/c you will never get one and you will miss out on a lot of pleasure. I have two m/cs, the oldest one I have had for 3yrs the new version m/c has over 100 trouble free hours on it. You took a big chance buying a computer they don't work very well!!!

badger
08-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Everyone seems to have problems with their computers every now and again, Yes even Bill Gates. Im sure some remember this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1PwrHVOYCQ&feature=related

Blue screen of death

Jvicaretti
08-22-2008, 09:32 AM
I am also giving a thumbs up to this machine. It is great and each time I use it I like it more and more.

jj8950
09-01-2008, 12:07 AM
I am also giving a thumbs up to this machine. It is great and each time I use it I like it more and more.

Hey Im in Annadale....:)

Fireman Phil
09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
from what i am reading it seems that there is a LOT of issues with both the software and the machine.
from fires and the boards not moving correctly to the software issues I AM having with my MAC.
i am only trying the demo and from what i see I'm glad i haven't bought a system yet.

i truly hope the problems get solved soon, because i believe this is a great thing for wood workers.

Please don't let others that may or may not be having problems discourage you in your purchase of this great machine. I myself have had my fair share of problems, but what this machine can do by far offsets the downsides. It was my machine you were referring to about the fire. Yes it did catch fire and yes it could have been prevented, or at least stopped before it caught fire. Live and learn my friend. That's what this forum is all about. We live to make sawdust and great carvings with our Carvewright and learn from our and many others mistakes. I am sure it will be the best, funnest and the most tool used in your shop. It is in mine.

-Phil

Don Butler
09-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Let me compare this to cars. Guys tend to be more comfortable when they can relate things to cars. At least I do.

When I first worked as an automotive tech the Jaguar XK120 was a new model (50s). I learned to work with them and became an expert on that engine. Well, today's new Jaguars are a different kind of cat (not a misspell) and I don't even try to lift the hood. Not that I'm working anymore <grin>.

The CarveWright system is like a new Jag. It combines sophisticated machinery and computer tech to make it possible for us to do things we couldn't do before.

BUT!

You have to understand the system and learn it. It you pop the hood on a new Jag and start pulling things out looking for the distributor or the carburetors you're sure to have problems. LOL.

You can't buy a CW, plug it in, flip the switch and watch it go.

No, you can't and it won't. And if you learn only the most basic parts and then flip the switch, I guarantee disappointment. If you're serious about pulling the trigger on a CW, PLEASE be committed to the concept that this IS a complicated, albeit very usable system. You have to study, learn, try and fail while learning and be willing to go through the manuals, the Tips and Tricks, the videos and the other helps offered on the Internet, and when you get stuck or confused, go to this forum and ask.

I have experience with complicated machinery in industry, very complex software controls for said machines, long history with software in general and other experiences that one would think make me ready to jump in and burn with this system. But it doesn't. This is a unique system for which the learning curve can be daunting.

I urge you to accept the challenge and get a Carvewright system. You can do it.

Please note, I consistantly refer to the CarveWright as a system. It isn't a simple machine like a band saw or a cordless screwdriver. Its an integrated system which needs to be used at that level.

But do it. You'll be glad you did if you accept the challenges and surmount them.

I'm still doing so and expect to be learning for a long while.

D...

Woodpecker
09-07-2008, 08:50 AM
It is certainly a learning process. Taking time to read and enjoy what this machine has to offer is just like that Jag. Or a model "A" Ford if you haven't built one from the ground up. Why couldn't all of this stuff have been available for me five years sooner?
Woodpecker