PDA

View Full Version : Centerline and Corian

Rocky
08-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I'd like to try making some signs using Corian. I've read some posts about not carving deeper than 1/8" when carving on Corian. Does this also apply to carving using Centerline text? If so, I don't see anywhere I can control depth with Centerline text (depth is grayed out).

Thanks,

Kenm810
08-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Rocky,

The only Depth control of the Text you have is the normal and bold, or the size of the text font.
Most often the the larger the text the deeper it carves, but it will also depend on the font you choose to carve.

Rocky
08-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Rocky,

The only Depth control of the Text you have is the normal and bold, or the size of the text font.
Most often the the larger the text the deeper it carves, but it will also depend on the font you choose to carve.

Thanks, Ken. Have you made any signs with Corian? If so, care to post a few pics?

supershingler
08-21-2008, 05:00 PM
i have made several plaques with centerline and corian
i usually carve with the 60 degree bit to get a little deeper
most of the one i have done are script fonts
i havent done any with fat fonts
they look really nice when done

kendall

wish i some pictures but i still have to get a decent camera

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
08-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Rocky, I have had no problems using centerline with corian. Here is a pic of the first corian project i ever did. If your unsure do a test piece first.. I just told it which bit and font to use and it was okay. I later used clear coat spray on the corian carving and it worked well. It gave it a uniform "buffed" look without actually buffing it.. Good luck.. Matt

Kenm810
08-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry Rocky, no photos right now of Corian Signs with Centerline Text.
I headed in a little different direction, by using a photo carved in Corian and inlaid it
in to a Cast Acrylic Presentation Plaque and Base carved with Centerline Text for a fellow forum member.
Maybe next time. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif