PDA

View Full Version : Quality options and Centerline

Rocky
08-21-2008, 04:37 AM
When using Centerline to carve letters, do the quality options on the CW have any effect on letter carving quality (e.g., default vs best)? I can really tell the difference using the quality options on other carvings (not using Centerline).

Also, the CW seems to always go back to the default quality after one carves something in best quality. Is there any way to set the CW to remain at the last quality option selected unless it's changed again?

Thanks,

ChrisAlb
08-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Good Morning Rocky,

Nope, Centerline is not effected by the quality settings in either Designer or the CW.

The default setting on the machine means that it will "default" to whatever setting you used in Designer when you upload your project file to the card. So if you used best, it defaults to that, if you used normal then it defaults to that and so on.

If you change the setting on the machine (which you can do through user options), it will override the settings on the card.

Hope that helps.

Rocky
08-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Good Morning Rocky,

Nope, Centerline is not effected by the quality settings in either Designer or the CW.

The default setting on the machine means that it will "default" to whatever setting you used in Designer when you upload your project file to the card. So if you used best, it defaults to that, if you used normal then it defaults to that and so on.

If you change the setting on the machine (which you can do through user options), it will override the settings on the card.

Hope that helps.

Chris, are you referring to the "Bit Optimization" setting in Designer?

Thanks,

ChrisAlb
08-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Chris, are you referring to the "Bit Optimization" setting in Designer?

Thanks,

Rocky,

No, when you upload to the card you have a choice in that box of "Draft, Normal, Best". That's what I was referring to.

The bit optimization can be applied to patterns and regions individually. I "almost" always use BEST for that.

Rocky
08-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Rocky,

No, when you upload to the card you have a choice in that box of "Draft, Normal, Best". That's what I was referring to.

The bit optimization can be applied to patterns and regions individually. I "almost" always use BEST for that.

Ok, Chris.....thanks again.