PDA

View Full Version : First machine crash - help

jcorder
08-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I have only 34 hours on my machine and I started to make a cut tonight and my front belt ripped in half. I am not sure why it ripped but my question is how tough will it be to replace?

fwharris
08-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I have only 34 hours on my machine and I started to make a cut tonight and my front belt ripped in half. I am not sure why it ripped but my question is how tough will it be to replace?

If you are talking about the sandpaper belts they are quick and easy to replace. Look in trouble shooting or search for "sandpaper belts" and you should be able to find the pdf file for replacing them. The Carvebuddy site also has the pdf.

As for the cause of it ripping, it could be a bad spot on the board you were using, saw dust and chips under the belt, worn spot from sliding the boards over it, board hung up on the guide rail.

AskBud
08-20-2008, 07:52 AM
here is the link to the PDF on changing belts.
AskBud
http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/sandpaper_belt_change.pdf

Jvicaretti
08-20-2008, 08:08 AM
I am pretty new to this and have been reading the posts about replacement of various parts of the machine. What part(s) breaks most often and does it make sense to be proactive and have these parts on hand just in case? Now that I am using this machine I would be lost without it.

jcorder
08-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info and the link! It does not look like it will be too bad to change. I talked to them today and they indicate it is a frequent break. The belts were pretty inexpensive so I will be sure to keep one on hand.