PDA

View Full Version : Where can we sell our used CW Machines?

nickmathis
08-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I have a CarveWright Machine that I'm not happy with and have no more use for it. I thought I'd keep it around just to play with now and then, but last week, the flexishaft began to melt during a 2 hour carving project of a sign. Time to go.

Where do we go to sell these things? I want to get rid of everything I have associated with the CW including 1) complete bit set, 2) centerline, 3) an unused probe, 4) memory card and 5) card reader. However, I want it to go to someone who already owns one and understands how to use it correctly so that it doesn't breakdown. Probably for $1000 for everything listed plus whatever shipping ends up being.

Thanks all,
Nick

badger
08-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Here by private email or you can try ebay.

mtylerfl
08-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I have a CarveWright Machine that I'm not happy with and have no more use for it. I thought I'd keep it around just to play with now and then, but last week, the flexishaft began to melt during a 2 hour carving project of a sign. Time to go.

Where do we go to sell these things? I want to get rid of everything I have associated with the CW including 1) complete bit set, 2) centerline, 3) an unused probe, 4) memory card and 5) card reader. However, I want it to go to someone who already owns one and understands how to use it correctly so that it doesn't breakdown. Probably for $1000 for everything listed plus whatever shipping ends up being.

Thanks all,
Nick

Hello Nick,

Be sure to advise your buyer about the Tips and Tricks Newsletters. Especially the Dec '07 and Jan '08 issues. Those two will help your customer avoid common pilot errors and teach him/her how to properly lubricate and maintain the machine. (For example, the flexshaft meltdown was completely and totally avoidable if proper lubrication was performed).

Sorry to hear you're giving up, but if your buyer reads and follows the tips and instructions, he or she will be a very happy owner.

supershingler
08-19-2008, 06:00 PM
when was your machine purchased
and how many hours are on it

kendall

Router-Jim
08-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Nick I would be possibly interested. Can you give me a approximate age of your machine and is it possible to provide any pictures via email?

Thanks,

Jim

MikeMcCoy
08-19-2008, 07:55 PM
The machines must not be too bad since they get scarfed up fairly quickly. :)

Jvicaretti
08-19-2008, 08:04 PM
I have to say, I love my machine. It is opening so many doors for me and so far I haven't had any big problems at all with it.

pkunk
08-19-2008, 08:36 PM
"Where can we sell our used CW Machines?"
You just did advertise it here and I'm sure someone will scarf it up.What a great deal for someone who understands it's worth.:)

supershingler
08-19-2008, 08:59 PM
ive had my machine for six weeks

no real problems so far

but i would really consider a backup and i have been getting orders that i could use another machine

kendall

FiddlemakerMills
08-19-2008, 10:04 PM
If I had the $$$$ I would drive over and get it.

Carl

supershingler
08-20-2008, 11:35 AM
nickmathis

check your private messages
im interested in your machine

kendall

nickmathis
08-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Hello everyone,

To make this easy, I've tallied up the value of my stuff and have provided information below.

I prefer pick, but if you'd like to have it shipped, I will certainly mail it with it's original box. I live in Crystal Lake, Illinois 60012 if you'd like to calculate the cost.

I'd like to get rid of it this week or so and to the best/most convenient offer.

• Machine was purchased in November 2007
• ID number: Deleted by pkunk
• Flexishaft must be replaced, but old one will be included for free (it melted during last use)
• Cut motor on time: 22h 29min
• Total power on time: 121h 9min
• Servoing time: 26h 25min
• Scanning time: 0h 0min

~ PRICE ~
(Machine; memory card; memory card reader):
• $1200 or best offer

~ PRICE ~
(Includes - Full Bit Set w/Magnetic Container; Scanning Probe w/ MWM C1027 Probe Cable & Cable Retainer):
• $1600 or best offer

Thanks,
Nick

nickmathis
08-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks. I just didn't know if it were against policy to resell them through the forum.

Best,
Nick

Router-Jim
08-20-2008, 06:58 PM

Thanks all,
Nick

Well my offer of $1000 still stands and I will pick it up.

Jim

Jvicaretti
08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Just wondering why the price increase?

FiddlemakerMills
08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Second thoughts?????

Jeff_Birt
08-20-2008, 09:38 PM
If your interested in the item please contact the seller privately. While the forum rules does allow for offering for sale CW related items such as this. It is not the place to try and auction off goods or make personal inquiries of the seller. Please take it off line.