PDA

View Full Version : Quilt Rack

Digitalwoodshop
08-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Here is the Quilt Rack I made for the local Fire Department 50th Year celebration. They raffled a quilt and quilt rack.

I used Sublimation to print on a 6 x 6 Ceramic Tile a picture of the quilt. The printing of the Clip board Dry Marker board displays is the same as the Ceramic Tile.

The lady in the picture made the quilt.

AL

andes
08-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey Al, just curious, what price do you sell you rack for? I've always liked your design.

SandBuoy
08-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Really Nice work Al. I should make one similiar for the mother. Her and My grandmother have been master quilters for as long as I can remember. My Mom would just love something like that with some quility type sayings on the side.

Digitalwoodshop
08-18-2008, 01:35 AM
I have posted the pattern in the pattern thread a few months ago. As far as selling them..... They are not a big seller.... I think I sold 2 last year and gave away 5..... Selling for about $90.00 each with the wood being close to $30.00.

I think they will have more life with the Ceramic Tile weather I do them or my Artist friends make hand made versions.

The Wine Rack in this style does sell.

Good Luck,

AL

Jvicaretti
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
That turned out really nice Al! Whoever was lucky enough to win it got a great prize.

Digitalwoodshop
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
That turned out really nice Al! Whoever was lucky enough to win it got a great prize.

Thanks !!!

It was someone from New York State that won the Quilt, I saw the drawing.

Put the 550 pictures of the event on the Wal Mart photo site. That took until 4 AM to download last night.... Once I started I had to let it finish.... Will put a link on my web site so I will see more traffic on my web site. That Wally World site is GOOD as they can order prints for 9 cents each as they watch the slide show.... I don't get any money but it does drive traffic to my web site to get the link.

Then I thought of the 2 Rail Road Depot projects I did and the hundreds of pictures I took sitting on my Hard Drive.... A Quick eMail to the Director of the Depot Project and the next news letter will have a link to MY web site and my Gravity Depot page. Way back when, they used a gravity railroad to move Coal to the town of Honesdale, PA and from there by Canal to New York and Philly markets. Rail Roads took over the Canal and the first ever Steam Locomotive was built and used here but retired quick as the tracks could not support the weight. But it was #1.

Lots of history here.... Roebling built a bridge to carry the barges over the Delaware River to New York. One of his test bridges before the Brooklyn Bridge.

http://www.lackawaxen.org/attractions.htm

http://www.honesdaleonline.com/historic/index.htm

I say that because the Carve Machine can make some pretty interesting tourist stuff...

AL

Jvicaretti
08-18-2008, 08:25 PM
I have been working on making some different things to take to a show. Don't know which show but I have so much fun doing this that I want to see if I can make some money doing it. Tourist things are a good idea, the area I live in is full of history from Brandts raids and even the small dead end road I live on used to be a turnpike back in the late 1800's to connect this area with Newburgh. I am just not sure what to concentrate on so I am making alot of one of a kind things. Not sure if that is a good idea - any suggestions?
Thanks

TerryT
08-18-2008, 09:37 PM
I am just not sure what to concentrate on so I am making alot of one of a kind things. Not sure if that is a good idea - any suggestions?
Thanks

Probably a good thing. Different things sell in different markets and different times of the year. Home and garden stuff in the spring for example. You won't know what sells till you try it.