PDA

View Full Version : Blanket Chest

Dan-Woodman
08-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Here is a small blanket chest I just finished up. I made it for my best friends grandaughter. He gave me the walnut and cedar he had stored in his mothers attic since high school,35 years ago. The wood was very dry but did carve nice.
Finish is (Minwax satin poly). I'm not good at the picture resizing thing.
later Daniel

ChrisAlb
08-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Very nice Daniel!! From what I can see...lol

Take your full size pictures and "save as" a jepg. In the "save as" dialog box, reduce the quality (Compression) to about 75%. That should give you a nice sized picture that will post.

You may need to play with the % depending on the original picture file size but 70 to 75% usually makes a 1.5 MB picture post-able and keeps it big when we click on it.

NICE WORK!!!

Dan-Woodman
08-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Chris
Thanks for the advice,do you mean JPEG? If so , it's already a jpeg. The picture is in Kodak and I did't see anything that said "compression" . I did resize it after clicking on manage attacthments, but the size I had to choose from was like 240 x --- something.
I get along with wood , just not computers.
I'll try again, thanks.
later Daniel

ChrisAlb
08-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Yep...sorry about the type-O...lol

If you use the "SAVE AS" instead of just save, You should see the option for the compression.

SandBuoy
08-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Very Nice work on the blanket chest. I am sure she will appreciate it more and more as she getting older. Very nice peice she can pass down to generations.

Dan-Woodman
08-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys I redid the pictures, I'd rather work with wood than this computer.
With wood, you only have to picture it in your mind. On this computer you have to say, now where did I put that picture and whats resizing.
later Daniel

Ken Massingale
08-18-2008, 05:04 AM
That's a real nice chest, Dan. Well done.
ken

Semper Fi
08-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Very nice, Dan. I'm sure she'll keep it forever!