PDA

View Full Version : Hey was Al and fixed it!

Ike
08-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Since I bought my Carvewright been very diligent in cleaning after each carving. This time was no exception, when I ran the vac (with the power off of course) hit a wire and started getting a close cover error.

Open the top, checked the wires, replugged the sensor cable, closed it up. Started another project Z truck stopped before bit finder. Managed to get the cut motor wires stuck in the top. Explain the hard time putting the screws back in the front and why the truck was stopping.

Open it up again and I pinched the bullet connector and broke it! I about cried! Thought to myself what would Al do WWAD! He would put another bullet connector on it, so I did. Tucked all the wires in and still had the close cover issue. Luckily had a new for the old machine I sold and I installed it and all is well.

So the moral of this story is first off watch what the heck you are doing! If not and you break something..... then ask yourself WWAD?!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
08-17-2008, 06:57 PM
SNICKER..... What Would AL DO..... WWAD.... You Crack ME UP.......

Good Job....

Took the day off..... Great day yesterday, Fire Trucks and Fire Works....

AL

Ike
08-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Al, you are my hero, so thought for real what would Al do! Plus wanted to warn others not to be a dummy like me and rush through the fix. If I slowed down and made sure all the wires were in place, it would never have happen. Plus should have got a clue when the screws in the front weren't going in easy something was wrong!

Ike

CustomWestCoast
08-21-2008, 09:56 PM
I last used my machine about 2 months ago and it ran fine. Now I get an open door error. Both sensors click when I close the lid.
I removed and blew out the sensor farthest from the key pad. I then removed the sensor nearest the key pad and noticed that it only had 2 wires connected and a prong for a third wire. Is there supposed to be a third wire connected on the sensor?
I looked and looked and could not find a loose third wire. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ike
08-21-2008, 10:08 PM
The wire harness has 2 plugs attached that are hot glued to the hood. Believe only 2 wires go to the switch a black and white wire. Go to your keypad to zero then seven and check your sensor. Then open and close the cover if there is a delay in the screen showing open and close, then you need a new switch. You will need to replace the whole harness and when you remove the hood becareful with the wires to the cut motor. There is a plastic cover that tucks them in to keep the wires out of the way of the Z motor.

I didn't make sure they were tucked in and blocked the Z truck and it couldn't move all the way to the bit finder.

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
08-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Ike, Your going to take over if you keep this Technician thing going on.... Good Job !!!!

We can all use good advice and a Pepper Recipe every now and then....

AL

FiddlemakerMills
08-22-2008, 06:51 AM
I also had this problem, Took the cover off and found that the cover wasn't seated properly. Tested the switch, tested ok. If door actuates the switch to far, it will cause the "please close cover error". Another self induced problem, To correct install the cover properly.

Carl

Ike
08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Ike, Your going to take over if you keep this Technician thing going on.... Good Job !!!!

We can all use good advice and a Pepper Recipe every now and then....

AL

Again, Al I thought WWAD? Lol !!! Will let ya know how the peppers turned out in a couple weeks. Plus just replaced my harness so it is fresh in my ....... What was I talking about?

Ike