PDA

View Full Version : machine changes speeds

supershingler
08-16-2008, 07:43 AM
my cw on the last couple of carve seem to change speed after about 10 min.
of carving.
it about doubles its speed
the carves show no visible difference but it makes me nervous
is this the sign of a bad rpm sensor?

any help is appreciated

kendall

FiddlemakerMills
08-16-2008, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE=supershingler;62471]my cw on the last couple of carve seem to change speed after about 10 min.
of carving.
it about doubles its speed
the carves show no visible difference but it makes me nervous
is this the sign of a bad rpm sensor?

What software v1.130? Mine is doing the same thing. Started this after upgrade, Cut motor temp lowered due to more air flow. Made 2 carvings so far no problems.

supershingler
08-16-2008, 08:52 AM
im running 1.126 version

FiddlemakerMills
08-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I have been searching cut motor speed change,, still looking.

SandBuoy
08-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Kendell, Mine started doing that a while back. Would be carving along then a little bit into the carve you could hear the spindle kick into a higher. Like you I seen to evidence in the carve surface where it changed.

What were you carving at the time and what material? If I remember correctly I was carving alot of corian at the time. Now that you mention your doing it I don;t think I have noticed mine doing it lately.

Ken Massingale
08-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Mine does change sppeds too. For example carving the Buffalo Indian, when it was cutting the deep areas it ran 'slow'. As it progressed to carving the facial details which are much shollower, the speed increased. This makes sense to me.
I'm running 1.130 designer and 1.126 firmware.

supershingler
08-16-2008, 11:40 AM
my speed doesnt go up and down as the depth changes

it start out slower and after a while it increases speed and stays at that speed until the carve is done.

i have stoped the carve and started it but it didnt slow down on the restart

maybe it of no concern but it just started to do this

i was carving a maltese cross in oak last night

even when it switched to text it stayed the same speed

kendall

LittleRedWoodshop
08-16-2008, 11:48 AM
hope all is well, my machine has done that for about 6 months or so. I haven't had any issues and the explanation that it would increase air flow (to cool the cut motor) makes complete sense to me.

By the way, how do you run differnet firmware than software?!?!?!?!

Amonaug
08-16-2008, 11:55 AM
hope all is well, my machine has done that for about 6 months or so. I haven't had any issues and the explanation that it would increase air flow (to cool the cut motor) makes complete sense to me.

By the way, how do you run differnet firmware than software?!?!?!?!

Just load up 1.126 Designer, flash the card so it has 1.126 firmware and use 1.13 to design project. When uploading it'll ask you if you want to flash the firmeware on the card from 1.126 to 1.13, just say no :)

fwharris
08-16-2008, 12:22 PM
The increase in cut motor speed could be an indication that the magnet on the cut motor shaft for the rpm sensor is bad or going bad. This part has been upgraded by LHR from the older cut motors. It was a hard rubber housing and now it is a plastic magnet. New one is $5.00 plus shipping and is very easy to replace.

If you are still under warranty they will (or did on mine) replace the cut motor with a core charge for the old one.

Check out this link to Al's cut motor 101 it will tell you all you need to know about it..

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6765&highlight=cut+motor

liquidguitars
08-16-2008, 01:04 PM
With the old software 1.126 installed, rename "control.mwm" to firmware126.mwm in the Carvewright installed directory. Upgrade to 1.13. Rename Control.mwm to firmware113.mwn.

Now you can select "Mini pass" or "One pass" when and if needed.

LG