PDA

View Full Version : I like clocks

jspringertx
08-15-2008, 09:01 AM
As you can see from the attached photos I spend most of my carving time making clocks. Now if I can just sell some of them I will be happy.

ChrisAlb
08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Some fine looking time pieces James. Nice work!!

I'm sure if people see them, you'll sell some.

Digitalwoodshop
08-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Very Nice TOO!!!

AL

mtylerfl
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
As you can see from the attached photos I spend most of my carving time making clocks. Now if I can just sell some of them I will be happy.

Fantastic - and I love the variety! Great finishing job on all of them too!

I too love clocks - I've got three rather unique clock projects "waiting in the wings" for the near future. You're inspiring me with your fine work.

fwharris
08-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Great looking collection of clocks that should draw a lot of interest.

What have you done to promote them? Family, friends, local business contacts and organizations are a good place to start. They go a long way with word of mouth to promote your items. A few freebies to local businesses have helped me with call backs to do some paid carvings.

SandBuoy
08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I like clocks too James. I mostly go for coin style clocks but with your assortment there looks like I should expand. great work and nice assortment. You shouldn't have any problems getting people to notice and buy them.

Ken Massingale
08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi James,
Those are real nice clocks.
I don't use this service but I have seen it recommended on a couple of woodworking forums. I had a peek and the rates seem reasonable.
Just a thought.

Craftmall (http://www.sellcrafts.com/)

rcdages
08-15-2008, 02:41 PM
I would say after viewing your clocks your stuck on time. My wife is a big clock fan and we have them all over.

I would think that with the Star and the lettering spelling out TEXAS that you might just be here.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us. Again nice work.

rcdages
Robert

JAlaniz
08-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Those are nice!! I love clocks. Are those the biggest you make? Grandfather clocks are my favorite.

Jvicaretti
08-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Really nice collection. I think people would only need to see them to want to buy one.

jspringertx
08-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Those are nice!! I love clocks. Are those the biggest you make? Grandfather clocks are my favorite.

I haven't tried anyting larger than a wall clock.

jspringertx
08-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I would say after viewing your clocks your stuck on time. My wife is a big clock fan and we have them all over.

I would think that with the Star and the lettering spelling out TEXAS that you might just be here.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us. Again nice work.

rcdages
Robert

That is actually a desk clock. I bought the clock works from Woodcraft along with the correct size bit to drill the hole. I may do more of them as they are easy to make...no routing out of the back.

rcdages
08-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Thank you for the information on the clock.

What I was saying, that with the star and the Texas desk clock I was curious if you lived in Texas.

rcdages
Robert

rcdages
08-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Are you in Texas

jspringertx
08-16-2008, 11:38 AM
I am from the Great State of Texas...Houston be exact.

Is there any place else to live?

Just kidding of course.