PDA

View Full Version : X axis error 236

Frank
08-13-2008, 06:33 PM
I have been getting these 236 x axis errors after about 1 hr 45 min to 2 hrs into a cut, today was the fourth time. I've read some of the posts on this problem and can not figure it out. I checked and the belts are on track, the project board is stright to within .005 inches on the sides, it is not cupped or bowed and the head pressure is good I checked it with a scale. I believe the gearing to be ok because it measures the board fine without sticking or jambing and the brass reading head o-ring is in place and the reader is making food contact with the bottom of the board. The only thing I believe I am left with is the motor. Has anyone seen a post or knows of these over heating or stopping for whatever reason. I think I have checked everything but maybe one of you has another idea.

Thanks Frank

fwharris
08-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Frank,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Does it always stop about the same place on the carvings?

The X axis is for the board moving through the machine with the sand paper belts. I had the same error the other day and found that one end of the belt was rolling over at the end. I took the belt off and trimmed off the end that was rolling over. Here is a link for removing the belts http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/sandpaper_belt_change.pdf

Are you getting any other axis error messages besides this one?

Digitalwoodshop
08-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Sawdust leaks into the gear box at the belt shaft. I would pull the belts trays off and look in the gear box and clean the gears. Weight of the board? Is the board just hitting the out feed roller? Could be the roller is too high and it bumps into it rather then going over it....

While you have it open I would replace the belts. I saw a lot of X problems when the belts got worn and with new belts not a single problem....

AL

Frank
08-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Many thanks to both of you for your time. I didn't see any roll over on the belt but I should probably take it apart and check it anyway. I will pull off the covers and check the dust situation. I was concerned about over heating of the motor and hadn't seen any posts on that problem. I ride a Harley so you can imagine how I like to tinker.

Thanks Frank

AskBud
08-14-2008, 10:12 AM
I have been getting these 236 x axis errors after about 1 hr 45 min to 2 hrs into a cut, today was the fourth time. I've read some of the posts on this problem and can not figure it out. I checked and the belts are on track, the project board is stright to within .005 inches on the sides, it is not cupped or bowed and the head pressure is good I checked it with a scale. I believe the gearing to be ok because it measures the board fine without sticking or jambing and the brass reading head o-ring is in place and the reader is making food contact with the bottom of the board. The only thing I believe I am left with is the motor. Has anyone seen a post or knows of these over heating or stopping for whatever reason. I think I have checked everything but maybe one of you has another idea.

Thanks Frank
This thread may help:
AskBud
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6781

Frank
08-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Well I took apart the machine this morning. I thought it was clean. I remove the side and got access to the shroud where the gears are for the x axis drive. The thing was full of chips. I was wondering if using an air hose to clean the machine would aggrivate this situation? Also I noticed that the sealent they used was seperating from the machine surfaces and it was broken in some places. Any thoughts on what to use to reseal the shroud that would be better than the orginal?

Thanks Frank

fwharris
08-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Well I took apart the machine this morning. I thought it was clean. I remove the side and got access to the shroud where the gears are for the x axis drive. The thing was full of chips. I was wondering if using an air hose to clean the machine would aggrivate this situation? Also I noticed that the sealent they used was seperating from the machine surfaces and it was broken in some places. Any thoughts on what to use to reseal the shroud that would be better than the orginal?

Thanks Frank

Frank,

I used RTV sealant on mine after I did a repair to the sandpaper belts. I would think any silicone sealant would work.

Frank
08-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Thank you I am on the way to the store now. Just checked the forum before I left.

Thanks Frank

rmacke
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I leave mine loose and clean it after every crave.. That way I know it's clean. Also I run mine without that side panel even on the machine. I use mine mainly outside and use air to blow out . No downdraft table used here..
rmacke