PDA

View Full Version : Coin Problem

Don Phelps
08-13-2008, 06:28 PM
I have ammassed 50 or so coins of diffent sizes and shapes ovr my Navy career. I would like to proudly display them but when I try to place them on the board they never seem to be the correct size or depth. I am very new to my machine and I really would like to make this so i can add them to my display case anyone have a suggestion, It would be greatly appreciated.

Don
The Sailor.

Amonaug
08-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Are you simply making slots for the coins to be placed in or are you talking about patterns of the coins placed on a board?

MikeMcCoy
08-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Don
I don't have any plans but I've made a couple of dozen of coin racks for sale using templates from the original. I'll post some pics and if they might fit your needs, I'll sketch out some rough dimensions and give you some project shots.

mtylerfl
08-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Don
I don't have any plans but I've made a couple of dozen of coin racks for sale using templates from the original. I'll post some pics and if they might fit your needs, I'll sketch out some rough dimensions and give you some project shots.

Mike,

Your Coin Rack looks GREAT! Very classy.

I noticed you are using the paint triangles - got to get me some of those.

MikeMcCoy
08-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Michael - those pyramids were an impulse buy at Woodcraft but they get used on every project now. I like being able to shoot a coat on all sides of a project at the same time.

Don Phelps
08-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Don

That is a great looking coin rack. That is what I have in mind. How did you get the slot cut into the wood.

MikeMcCoy
08-18-2008, 04:24 AM
Don

If you mean the slot on the shelves, I just cut that with a full kerf saw blade. The front profiles on the shelves were done on the router table. The only things that the carver was used for was the USMC globes on the two end pieces and an American flag on the rear.