PDA

View Full Version : My first carving..........

Rocky
08-12-2008, 02:13 PM
.....after creating a batch of firewood.

Jvicaretti
08-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Very nice Rocky but if it were a Buffalo Bills sign I would really like it. :)

Matty
08-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Great work keep, keep the chips flying.

Matty

MikeMcCoy
08-13-2008, 06:02 AM
I doubt if you have a lock on the firewood department Rocky. Excellent carve.

Btw - if you don't already have a lathe ... you can pick one up and turn all that scrap in to ink pens. :)

Ken Massingale
08-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Excellent Rocky. Looks like you have the painting figured out.
ken

Semper Fi
08-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Beautiful, Rocky. Where did you get the Steeler emblem? That is really cool.

Kenm810
08-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Hey Rocky,

We've all made Designer fire Wood at one time of another.

Hopefully with a little time, and the more familiar we become with the Machine,
the Fire Wood pile will become a bit smaller. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Great Carving

oldjoe
08-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Great looking project Rocky and a good job finishing.
I did find a couple ways to cut down on the firewood
One I keep a dictionary close by and the other is I use my surface planer to erase my oops. LOL

SandBuoy
08-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Nice carve Rocky and great paint job. I was in a pizza place yesterday out here in Oregon. Seen a bunch of Steelers stuff hanging on the wall. Asked the guy at the counter who was the Steeler fan. He introduced himself as the owner and he was. Asked if he was from Pitts and he said know he just loved them when he was younger. Said you think that cool, go back out the door, turn left and look at the bulding beside this one.

Walked out, looked and the place and the name of it is Bubba's. This guy built a whole bar around the Steelers here on the oregon coast. Its filled with steelers jerseys, pictures, autographs and the works.

Was thinking about carvng a sign for him and donating it to my possibly second new home. Have some Steelers token that were given anyway by the Giant Eagle when you bought $100 in Groceries. I am thinking of carving a display case for them and giving him that too. Might have to use some of your creative work to help me with mine.

Rocky
08-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Beautiful, Rocky. Where did you get the Steeler emblem? That is really cool.

I got the pattern as a JPG file from the net. I've attached it here if you would like to use it.

Thanks, folks for your comments.