PDA

View Full Version : Deacon's Bench with storage

Semper Fi
08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I finished this about two weeks ago for a raffle sponsored by my wife's Lioness Club. I make something for them to raffle off every year. Last year it was a blanket chest that they made over $1,000 on. I used an U-bilt plan. Of course all the carving was done on my Carvewright. (because Sears still has my Compucarve since 3/25) It's solid red oak.

Amonaug
08-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Beautiful bit of work!

mtylerfl
08-11-2008, 07:12 PM
I finished this about two weeks ago for a raffle sponsored by my wife's Lioness Club. I make something for them to raffle off every year. Last year it was a blanket chest that they made over $1,000 on. I used an U-bilt plan. Of course all the carving was done on my Carvewright. (because Sears still has my Compucarve since 3/25) It's solid red oak.

Ernie! You "blow me away" with your great projects!

Kenm810
08-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Fantastic, Great Job, http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif Well Done

fyrpuppy
08-11-2008, 08:42 PM
:)Beautiful work, I was wondering about the height of the backrest. Is it less than 14.5 inches tall so it would fit in the carvewright in one piece or did you have to join to pieces together?

Jvicaretti
08-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Beautiful and a great idea. I also belong to a Lions Club and we are always looking for ways to raise money.

fwharris
08-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Ernie,

Great job! This should sell a lot a tickets for the Iioness Ladies!

Semper Fi
08-12-2008, 07:12 AM
:)Beautiful work, I was wondering about the height of the backrest. Is it less than 14.5 inches tall so it would fit in the carvewright in one piece or did you have to join to pieces together?

It's actually a bit less than 14 inches.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

2upchuck
08-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Beautiful !!!!! Very nice work.

Chuck

Audie
08-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Excellent piece of art! Way to go Marine!

Cbrown
08-12-2008, 10:55 AM
That is amazing looking!!!

LittleRedWoodshop
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
that has to be one of the coolest things that I have seen, on here. It's neat to do a small piece, like I do. But, that is just awesome. Keep up the great work.

rcdages
08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Excellent workmanship and over all beautiful job__Building and Carving a great combination.

rcdages
Robert

Router-Jim
08-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Beautiful piece of craftsmanship. :cool:

The carvings really add an extra flair. Excellent job.

Jim

SandBuoy
08-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Wow, Having built a few peices of furniture myself I can imagine all the time and work that went into it. Fantastic job Ernie. One you can really be proud of showing off.

Ken Massingale
08-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Beautiful work Ernie. thanks for sharing

STEAM
08-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I really enjoy seeing the craftsmanship and ideas that everyone here shares. So many of you are at a level that I know I will never reach. Ernie, what you have done ranks right up there with the best. :)

mtylerfl
08-12-2008, 09:45 PM
I really enjoy seeing the craftsmanship and ideas that everyone here shares. So many of you are at a level that I know I will never reach. Ernie, what you have done ranks right up there with the best. :)

Hello Tim,

I want to encourage you that you certainly can achieve a high-level of productivity with your machine.

The Tips & Tricks free monthly newsletter (http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks) provides all kinds of info that will help you understand layout and operational techniques that you can use to create just about anything you can imagine. (If you're not already signed up, just go to http://www.carvewright.com and fill in the "Join Our Mailing List" box.

Also, the Monthly Project Subscription (http://www.carvewright.com/cms/subscription) is another excellent way to "push the envelope" of creativity with your machine. Not only do you get a complete project each month (for just $10 for each one!), but you will learn a TON of what the machine is really capable of just by virtue of observing how the projects are laid out and running the projects yourself.

I'm risking that this may sound like a "shameless plug" to some, but for goodness sakes - I honestly believe in using every resource available, no matter who, what or where the source is or came from. Do this, and you'll soon be making projects you might not have previously thought you could!

Audie
08-13-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm risking that this may sound like a "shameless plug"

Shameless....shameless....feel better now Michael? LOL
Keep on plugging away! The newsletter is worth its weight in GOLD. There has not been an issue that hasn't provided insights to carving more efficiently. Rock on my friend!

Audie

mtylerfl
08-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks Audie - glad you find them useful!

Several times a week, I'll get folks calling who have never heard of...

...the Free Forum
...the Free Tips & Tricks
...the Project Subscription Newsletter

So many of their questions could easily be answered on their own if they knew about (or used) the resources they have available - and the best ones are totally FREE!

I have been told that all recently packaged machines now include info sheets that do point people to these resources. Kudos to CarveWright!

atauer
08-13-2008, 10:20 AM
!

I have been told that all recently packaged machines now include info sheets that do point people to these resources. Kudos to CarveWright!

Michael,

Your Tips and Tricks do come in handy. I look over them on a daily basis, as a refresher course. And we are adding material to the new machines with more information.