PDA

View Full Version : Cable For Scanning Probe

Technicow
08-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I have the probe (I had to get that too). I was going to get started with it today but discovered that the CW machine I have does not have the miniplug on the Z axis cutting head. Instead it has the bulkhead plug on the left hand side of the machine under the cover. The probe has only 2 leads on it's minijack (since it is a binary on/off input), but the bulkhead can take more than 2 pins. Does anyone know which pins are live on that connector for the probe? I can pin it out, but was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head. Rather then waiting for a piece of wire I'll just make my own.

If anyone knows which pins are for the probe, do let me know. If I pin it out, I'll post it up for others.

On that note, as it is a binary input (probably +5, and Sense) has anyone tried other sensor on there? ie: a photo detector etc... I suspect one could make a completely different sensor system that works with the system on that jig.

thanks,
Andy

Digitalwoodshop
08-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Good Question.... I would say 5 volt logic too.... A optical version would be nice.....

Did you see the Light Saber Version yet?....

AL