PDA

View Full Version : Two miscellaneous questions

Rocky
08-09-2008, 12:09 PM
1. After a job is completed, the chuck remains at the near side of the CW; seems to me that it should end up at the middle of the machine for bit removal.

2. Every time I check the cloth filter it's empty. Does it really catch anything?

Thanks,

Router-Jim
08-09-2008, 12:20 PM
1. After a job is completed, the chuck remains at the near side of the CW; seems to me that it should end up at the middle of the machine for bit removal.

2. Every time I check the cloth filter it's empty. Does it really catch anything?

Thanks,

Your machine is behaving the way it is suppose to. Think of the chuck as putting itself away so it's not in the way for vacumning out the machine.

The cloth bag acts more as a muffler, I believe the air is used to cool the motor. The cloth keeps real fine dust from getting blown into your shop.

Rocky
08-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Your machine is behaving the way it is suppose to. Think of the chuck as putting itself away so it's not in the way for vacumning out the machine.

The cloth bag acts more as a muffler, I believe the air is used to cool the motor. The cloth keeps real fine dust from getting blown into your shop.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ike
08-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Another purpose for the bag is for noise reduction. Try running it without it and see how much louder it is!

Ike

Rocky
08-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Another purpose for the bag is for noise reduction. Try running it without it and see how much louder it is!

Ike

I'll take your word for it. It's noisy enough with the filter on. :mrgreen: