PDA

View Full Version : S.o.s.

carvingcanuck
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Hello to all of you. I am writing to you from Canada in desperate need of some trouble shooting tips. I carved my first board yesterday and besides using the wrong drill bit for the detailed stuff, was quite successful. Today however I have run into some major roadblocks and am feeling very discouraged. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

My first problem was that after loading project 2, I could not remove the drill bit from the chuck. After about 15 minutes and some reading of these forums, I finally got the bit out. Then I loaded the 1/16th bit into the machine and after testing it, it would then ask me to put the 1/16th bit in again. I would push enter again and then the machine did the same tests and finally gave me an error message about the z axis. I then aborted the project and turned the crank as far as it would go so that I could see what was going on inside. when I got to the top the crank, it started clicking like it does at the bottom and now I can't get the crank to catch in order to get the machine back down. I'm really not sure what to do, can anyone offer me any words of wisdom? Cheers.

Jeff_Birt
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Welcome! Don't worry this is the #1 newbie problem of all time. If you look at the two big screws that raise the head you will see a small hole drilled in the bottom of each one. You can insert a small allen key in the hole and manually turn one screw to start the head lowering. You'll find more detailed instructions in the back of your users manual (of all places :D).

As you learn the machine lingo you'll find the search tool is your best friend...

carvingcanuck
08-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks a bunch. At least I've got the drill bit and the crank issues dealt with now thanks to your advice. Now I just have to figure out why I'm running into the z axis error message.
Thanks again Jeff

Jeff_Birt
08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
When does it give you the message? Watch the machine from the time you install the bit, what is happening?