PDA

View Full Version : full speed Capt..

liquidguitars
08-06-2008, 11:50 PM
See the carvewright hit a screw with one pass cutting .8" deep at full speed and not blink a eye!

http://www.liquidguitars.com/Saltdot/steelscrew.mov

www.go3d.us
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Couldn't see the movie, only sound.

Ike
08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
No problem here, video and sound fine

badger
08-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Ouch!!!... lol i want to see a pic of the bit after that.

Jeff_Birt
08-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Was it a screw or a ferrous mine left by the Cardassians? :confused:

liquidguitars
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
yes a bivalent iron compound..

The bit finished the cut so after looking over the truck and bit, I let the cutter finish.

The wood is molding pine 8/4 thick with a spruce top .8" full pass "WOW" on the B side.

Here is the same cutter going around the horn..

StillCutting{6megs}.mov (http://www.liquidguitars.com/Saltdot/StillCutting.MOV)

LG

TerryT
08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
LG,
Thanks for posting the videos. Gives me a clue as to why my machine is breaking bits with 130. We can't see your flex shaft but.. your machine sounds like it is cutting nice and steady. On my machine when cutting, at least in cherry, the flex shaft bounces from 3 to 6 inches side to side when using V1.130. Obviously torque loading and unloading. Similar sound as you would expect if you pushed a hand router into your piece, pull it back and jam it forward again very rapidly. My flex shaft is fairly new, just replaced a couple of months ago and taken very good care of.

Since versions before 1.130 make multiple cuts there is less load on the cable so it must not twist as much inside the sheath and maintains a steady pressure on the bit??

liquidguitars
08-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Cherry can be hard to mill and chugs.. you will need to get all HP you can. look over the flexshat one more time.

I clean up the shaft and core with paint thinner when the flexshaft looks really black with oil.

Have you replaced the QC?

On a side note, I am building a Telecaster neck today it's a 3 hr carve in soft maple. If i hump my bump i can build neck in a few days..

LG