PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the sandpaper drive belts

Slapneckblack
08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Is this something a 'user' of the machine can do effectively, or does it require sending machine in?

Somehow one of mine tore (I think from improper support while measuring a long board). Anyway I need to replace one.

Thanks for any input on this one.

Slapneckblack

Amonaug
08-07-2008, 01:28 AM
It's fairly easy to change them. There's a .pdf link in this thread for the procedure

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7769&highlight=replace+sandpaper+belts

If you don't have a vise big enough the springs are easy enough to compress with a clamp. The pins to hold the tension in place are INSIDE the new belts (or at least they were for me). I didn't know that and used nails to hold the bar in place before I found them :)

SAA3840
08-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I recently tried to order a set of new belts but the Carvewright store was out of them. So I called the outfit below and ordered four belts, I wanted spares, and paid $24.13 delivered to my door. I tried an email to them previously and got no answer but I was very pleased with the results of a phone call. The woman I spoke with was very polite and helpful. Give them a call. Just tell them you want the belts for a Carvewright machine and they'll take care of you.

1-800-831-6066 http://customsandingbelts.com

atauer
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I recently tried to order a set of new belts but the Carvewright store was out of them.

SAA3840,

As a Carvewright employee for the past year, I can honestly say that we have never been out of sandpaper belts while I have been here. When did you try to purchase them from us?

Also, keep in mind that you may have found another retail outlet outside of Carvewright that sells belts that fit it, you will just have to pay more to get them.

SAA3840
08-09-2008, 12:29 AM
I tried to order them on-line and the ordering form/webpage indicated that they were out of them. I never tried to order them via the telephone.