PDA

View Full Version : Possible larger cnc

paintpro
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to design with software & export to a larger cnc machine. Is it possible to export at all?

mtylerfl
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to design with software & export to a larger cnc machine. Is it possible to export at all?

No, you cannot export designs for use with other CNC machines with the software that is included with the CarveWright system at this time.

badger
08-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Hey Mtylerfl, dont you or VA3D have patterns in different file formats that he might be able to use. I thought I remember VA3D having those files for the larger CNC machines.

mtylerfl
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey Mtylerfl, dont you or VA3D have patterns in different file formats that he might be able to use. I thought I remember VA3D having those files for the larger CNC machines.

Hello Badger,

Yes, we do have that capability, but I believe he was asking about exporting from the software he has (I assume the Designer software).

cabnet636
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
yes vector art does have all of thier files available for those outside of designer, there are beta test going on to provide this type of software to the general cnc community as designer has made no effort to do so.

jim

mtylerfl
08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
yes vector art does have all of thier files available for those outside of designer, there are beta test going on to provide this type of software to the general cnc community as designer has made no effort to do so.

jim

Hello Jim,

Could you clarify what you mean "there are beta test going on to provide this type of software to the general cnc community".

- What software (name)?
- What company (name)?
- Is it a stand-alone software product that directly converts PTN to STL, DXF or some other CNC format?

Please provide solid, verifiable details, please.

Also, a side note regarding your statement "designer has made no effort to do so"...unless you are employed as one of the programmers for LHR, you really cannot possibly know what is going on behind the scenes as far as product development, file conversion add-ons, etc.

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck! I would simply like you to take this opportunity to back up your statements with irrefutable facts that can be verified. I think that is a reasonable request, don't you?