PDA

View Full Version : Need a dart pattern

Semper Fi
08-06-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm making a dart cabinet for a friend and need a dart pattern for the top. Does anyone have one or know where I can buy one? Thanks!

cnsranch
08-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Seems to me I've seen one on the Forum before. Have you tried a search?

Semper Fi
08-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Yes, and every other site that I know that sells patterns.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

mtylerfl
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm making a dart cabinet for a friend and need a dart pattern for the top. Does anyone have one or know where I can buy one? Thanks!

Hey Ernie,

I made a Dart pattern for you on my lunch break. Here ya go - enjoy!

atauer
08-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Now that is some great design work.

Looks good Michael!

Keep up the great work!

mtylerfl
08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Now that is some great design work.

Looks good Michael!

Keep up the great work!

Gracias - de nada.

Semper Fi
08-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Thank you, Michael! That is just perfect!

mtylerfl
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Thank you, Michael! That is just perfect!

My pleasure!

Be sure to post a photo of your finished project - we'd love to see it!

Rocky
08-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Hey Ernie,

I made a Dart pattern for you on my lunch break. Here ya go - enjoy!

I'd be interested in learning how to make patterns like this. Are there any tutorials available?

Thanks,

mtylerfl
08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I'd be interested in learning how to make patterns like this. Are there any tutorials available?

Thanks,

Hi Rocky,

You will find several posts on the forum about what folks are using to make their own patterns. Try searching and you'll find the info.

There is a lot of info floating about on the forum, but no single tutorial that covers all the bases exists I'm afraid. Probably because it is w-a-y too much work to compile such a tutorial series - not many people have the time for another full time job to create an exhaustive study in 2.5 and 3D pattern making.

Besides, software designed for creating 2.5 and 3D models already exists, hence, there is really no need to write a tutorial when the help files and books for these software programs already cover the techniques required.

I think what most folks want is a free, easy and quick way to learn to create nice quality, full-dimensional patterns. That's a tall order.

Rocky
08-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Mike, you're probably right. Thanks for responding.

badger
08-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Dont get discouraged though if its what you really want to do.

Ive basically taught myself in the last year sometimes spending more than 12 hours on the computer when I finally looked up at the clock on my days off. Yea Im not gonna be able to quit my night job but its when I really enjoy doing and have had a blast doing it.

But Myterfl is correct that there really is no quick way of telling someone, Use this program and push these buttons and your done. With each pattern comes different techniques to get them done.

Some here have an outstanding talent when it comes to the actual woodworking part, some here like Myterfl, Chris, VA3D and others have an outstanding talent when it comes to design work.

And there a few weirdos out there that can do both. Dont you just hate them :)

Here is one link that mentions alot of the vector, 2d, 3d programs pros cons and cost if your interested reading about the world of designing. But each program comes with it a vast amount of help in the form of videos online training and forums strictly for that program like this CW forum where other artist talk about tips and tricks using those programs.

http://designer-info.com/Draw/drawx.htm

Rocky
08-11-2008, 03:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Badger.