PDA

View Full Version : rossette from probe

supershingler
08-04-2008, 07:34 PM
i need some help cleaning up this scan

ive been playing with it up cant seem to figure out how to get rid of the two nail hole where the original was nailed to the wall and how to generally smooth thing out

all help is appreciated

i tried to do a search but cant seem to imput the right words to help me clean this up

p.s. this is my first scan

thanks again

kendall

Jeff_Birt
08-04-2008, 08:00 PM
You'll need to attach the MPW file that was downloaded from the memory card. Other folks can't edit your patterns. The idea is that MPW files are freely editable, while PTN files are only editable by the creator. This gives you some control over what happens to your patterns.

supershingler
08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
being inexperienced as i am

how do i go about doing that

mtylerfl
08-04-2008, 10:51 PM
being inexperienced as i am

how do i go about doing that

The scan should be saved in two forms...as an MPW, as well as a PTN. That way, you can always load up your original scan on any computer or any version of Designer for later editing if necessary.

You simply choose the file type (ptn or mpw) when you use "File->Save" or "File->Save As" (works just like any other software program, so you are likely already familiar with that procedure).

Jeff_Birt
08-04-2008, 10:51 PM
When you downloaded the scan from the card it is in an MPW format. Did you save that? If you load your pattern into Pattern Editor and do a 'Save As' and select MPW as the file type.

EDIT: dang Michael, you beat me to it!

Lin
08-05-2008, 04:50 AM
Unless the forum format has changed...to post the MPW file here so someone can help ...I believe Kendall will have to zip the MPW file as this forum doesn't support the MPW extension.
Lin

ChrisAlb
08-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Unless the forum format has changed...to post the MPW file here so someone can help ...I believe Kendall will have to zip the MPW file as this forum doesn't support the MPW extension.
Lin

It can also be saved as a PNG and posted here. However, you "may" have to play around with resizing it to keep the file as close to the forum's limits as possible.

I've downloaded many PNG files from here and worked successfully with them.

kyeakel
08-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Putty up the holes and re-scan?

Kipp

liquidguitars
08-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Putty up the holes and re-scan?

seems like the best way.. then a coat of waterbase.

LG

Jeff_Birt
08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
To fill in areas use the eye dropper tool to measure the height of the surrounding area, then you can properly set the fill tool to fill it in. Check out the July issue of Tips&Tricks, in the description of the new Colorization feature I describe in greater detail how to use colorization as an aide in using the fill tool.

If the holes are deep you may have to do the fill in two stages to avoid having the tolerance so high that the fill 'spills' out of the hole.

TIMCOSBY
08-07-2008, 02:03 AM
download the free wolfies gradient designer and make all kinds of rosetts with it even one just like that one. do a search for gradient designer and you will find the limk