PDA

View Full Version : Probe Plug Backwards

jerrbitt
08-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Mentioned before that LHR aside from doing a great job replacing the Y/Ztruck placed the probe pllug in backwards.

Talked to them today and talked them out of me returning the machine for the plug issue. So I'm going to do it. Seems pretty straightforward -- I hope -- two screws bottom of panel and two bolts on top of the head.

Am I missing anything -- all information appreciated.

cnsranch
08-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Just yank on it - something will give :cool:

cnsranch
08-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Sorry, Jerry - couldn't resist.

In your earlier thread, someone (I think Ken) had a pretty good pic of the connector - it looked like it was the type you pinched on each side, then push through the opening. My guess is that it should simply push back through the correct way, and snap in place.

Amonaug
08-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry, Jerry - couldn't resist.

In your earlier thread, someone (I think Ken) had a pretty good pic of the connector - it looked like it was the type you pinched on each side, then push through the opening. My guess is that it should simply push back through the correct way, and snap in place.

This is correct

jerrbitt
08-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Chris, thanks but the pdf file is a trouble shoooting guide -- no visuals.

jerrbitt
08-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Just yank on it - something will give :cool:

Before I saw your subsequent post, I gave it a good jank. And you are right on the money -- it solved the problem of the probe plug because I no longer have one.

Amonaug
08-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Whoa! Don't need to remove all that. Just take off the head cover screws and the screws in back. Carefully lift the cover and pinch the tabs on the plug. Pull it out, turn it around and push it back in the right way. Then reattach the head cover.

jerrbitt
08-04-2008, 07:23 PM
The surgeon is now resting. The operation was successful.

Thanks to all for your advice.

cnsranch
08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Geeze, Jerr - you gave me a heart attack!

ChrisAlb
08-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Whoa! Don't need to remove all that. Just take off the head cover screws and the screws in back. Carefully lift the cover and pinch the tabs on the plug. Pull it out, turn it around and push it back in the right way. Then reattach the head cover.

I stand corrected Kevin. You are absolutely right. I thought the plug was mounted in the side cover not the head cover.

Amazing what actually "looking" http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif at the machine will do for you.

Sorry Folks.