PDA

View Full Version : Rollback to 1.126

Woodman
08-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I decided to go back to 1.126 because of various reasons. I deleted Designer from my computer, reinstalled 1.126 from my disk and everything worked out fine. Didn't even ask me for an activation code or anything. I formatted the card and loaded a project into it. I decided to do a couple of minor operations at first because I had just gotten my machine back from the CW shop and I noticed that it still acted kinda like it was using 1.130. Hmmmmmm. . . went back, checked the card again and sure enough 1.130 was still on there! I told it to use 1.126 and keep it as the default. It led me to a folder where, I believe there was a file/folder that said "machine control" or words to that effect. I picked that file, it downloaded the data onto the card and my machine was back to it's old self once again. The moral of this story is you gotta make sure 1.130 is off of your card after you format it. Just my two cents. . . Pete

Bill
08-03-2008, 05:49 AM
Don't understand why what is you reason?

In order for the folks at LHR to be able to help
you if need be they need the latest version software
installed on your machine.

newcarver
08-03-2008, 07:30 AM
And have had support help with it even though it was not the most recent version. I do have 1.126 as my card firmware though.

Woodman
08-03-2008, 07:32 AM
The reason I rolled back is because I was having multiple issues with my machine. As good as 1.130 evidently is, I feel that it is harder on the bits/machine at times. I was getting burn marks on my wood, it was making my machine work way too hard I thought so until we get an updated version of the software (which I believe is in the works even as we speak) I'll stick to 1.126 for now. I also wanted to eliminate a variable (new software) when I got the machine back from CW. When they put out a software version that doesn't burn wood or break bits during normal operation, I'll use it. By nature, I'm a cautious soul and since I never had much of a problem with 1.126 I believe I'll use it for now. There are too many reports of problems with 1.130 for now. I'll update when I feel safe doing so. Thanks for your input and happy carving! Pete