PDA

View Full Version : Cutting on a CW

Rocky
08-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I've been wanting to try doing a cutout on my new CW, but I'm a little hesitant since I'm not quite sure how it should be setup. For example, if I want to make a cutout on a piece of wood that's .50" thick do I have to have it on a sled? How does it cut through and not hit the sand paper transport? I'm worried about the CW bit hitting the sandpaper transport under the wood. The manual isn't too clear on that point.

Thanks,

AskBud
08-02-2008, 07:53 PM
You are OK.
Stop and look at the track that the cutter head moves on. It keeps the cutter in the center of the open space between the belts.
AskBud

Rocky
08-02-2008, 08:26 PM
You are OK.
Stop and look at the track that the cutter head moves on. It keeps the cutter in the center of the open space between the belts.
AskBud

By 'ok' are you saying that I just put the board on the sandpaper transport (like a normal carving) and the bit will do the cut out and there's no chance of the bit cutting through the wood to the sandpaper under the board?

Thanks for the video links.

AskBud
08-02-2008, 08:34 PM
By 'ok' are you saying that I just put the board on the sandpaper transport (like a normal carving) and the bit will do the cut out and there's no chance of the bit cutting through the wood to the sandpaper under the board?

Thanks for the video links.
That part is correct.
There are other factors to consider (like keeping under rollers, and such).
Go to my link(s), below and review "Using Cutout Tool" and any othr link you wish.
AskBud

ChrisAlb
08-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Rocky,

The bit travels back and forth "between" the belts. there is NO way it can cut the belts buddy. Not physically possible.....http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Rocky
08-03-2008, 05:15 AM
DAH! Don't I feel stupid. In my mind at my computer I just remembered one belt, not two separate belts. I have to slow down and think more.
Thanks for bearing with me.