PDA

View Full Version : What -- You Want My Machine Again

jerrbitt
08-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Just got my machine back from LHR a few weeks ago. Today I went to use the scanning probe and found out that since they replaced the Y Truck, I no longer have a plug there for the probe. No problem, I got the extension cord and went to plug it in on the inside (Keyboard size). Surprise, no plug.

I called tech support and made sure I was looking in the right spot and all I could see (attached photo) was six wires going into some sort of plug. But it appears they put it in backwards.

Carvewright was very apologetic and said that somebody higher up would call me Monday but more than likely they would want the machine returned. They said I could void my warranty by trying to do it myself.

It can't be that difficult to take the front cover off and turn that plug around can it? Anybody with expereince taking that keyboard side off, I'd like to hear from you preferably with a step by step procedure. A pdf file wold be great.

Kenm810
08-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I never tried it myself, but it looks like you could just unplug it,
and plug it back in from the correct side. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif
AL form Digitalwoodshop might know

Amonaug
08-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Strange that they said it could void your warranty because when my cover switch went out they just sent me a new one and that plug there is part of the cover switch wiring. All you need to do is take the head cover off (really only lift it up some after unscrewing it), the plug is held in by 2 tabs that you squeeze together, pop out the plug, turn it around and push it back in the right way.