PDA

View Full Version : Victorian House Project

mtylerfl
08-02-2008, 11:59 AM
This is my Victorian House project that I originally designed for the WoodCraft chainstores several months ago. It's been posted on the CarveWright main website, but judging from some recent email I received after posting some of my other projects, not everyone visits the main site. (I was encouraged to post pics of my projects here in the Gallery for those who may not have seen them yet.)

The Victorian House is a five-section carve and the sections are layered for an even more dramatic 3D effect. After assembly (glued together) it measures approximately 15.5" wide x 23.5" tall and is about 2" thick at the highest layer. The text area can be customized.

leesheridan
08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Very impressive!!!!!! Just for kicks what was the carve times for all the sections? And the finish really sets it off. Great work.

liquidguitars
08-02-2008, 08:41 PM
First rate all the way!

LG

mtylerfl
08-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Very impressive!!!!!! Just for kicks what was the carve times for all the sections? And the finish really sets it off. Great work.

Hello,

Thanks everyone - glad you enjoy the projects!

The Victorian has the four main house pieces on one 43" board and the carve/cut out time is a little over 5 hours. The bottom section (the customizable text section) is carved on a separate 24" board and takes about 2 hours to carve/cut out.

BTW - The original design took over 50 hours to create - lots of details!

SandBuoy
08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Really nice project and the one you did is fantastic. l really like the finish color. Looks rich.

dewey6800
08-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Nice work, I check the main site from time to time but had not seen this incredible piece of art. Keep up the great work.