PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the DEWALT DW7350 Planer Stand?

JVallario
08-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Just wondering if anbody here is using this stand for their CW and what they think of it.

John

woodchipsltd
08-02-2008, 10:24 AM
John,

Being a new CW user and needing max flexibility in my garage wood shop all of my machines, including the CW, are mounted on roll around "carts" with lockable casters. I found a pretty good idea in one of my Shop Notes magazines and have stuck with it. I got two carts out of one 4 x 8 piece of A/C plywood. Got the lockable casters at Harbor Freight. With a couple of coats of water based polyurethane I was good to go. You might look around in your collection of wood mags to see if you can come up with an idea that might work for you like this as well. No need to spring the big bucks for a cart when you could use those same bucks for projects!!!

:)

ozne69
08-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Do you remember which issue of Shopnotes?

Amonaug
08-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Issue 185 of Wood Magazine has a cart plan in it but it may be a little more complicated than what's needed.

woodchipsltd
08-02-2008, 01:46 PM
OZNE69,

The first issue of ShopNotes that I looked at was Volume 13 Issue 78. The second was Volume 16 Issue 93. What I did was use a combination of both to come up with something that fitted what I needed.

The Vol 16 Issue 93 article is titled "Easy to Build 5 Plywood Shop Projects". There is a "Roll Around Utility Cart" in this issue that is very easy to build and works very well with the CW machine. I think I changed the height of the cart in deference to my back but basically built it as illustrated. Oh, I did use different lockable casters from Harbor Freight only because I had them in my shop already.

All of my wood working machines are mounted on roll around carts like the various carts found in each of these two ShopNotes issues. I'd scan in copies of each for you but I'm out of here shortly for a fishing trip to Alaska with my Dad. I think you can go on line and find downloadable versions of the same articles.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

:)