PDA

View Full Version : new cut motor

al2888dj
08-02-2008, 12:55 AM
new cut motor installed the flex shaft want stay seated in the motor,it starts to carve then bit want turn e. 236 the bit will turn on setup when touches board stops y stall 236 bit unseated at motor ,old motor works fine ,needs magnet holder??? thanks any help

ChrisAlb
08-02-2008, 06:09 AM
Probably silly questions but, are you sure you have the keyed shaft end properly seated in the motor and is that little set screw (that strips so easily) in place firmly?

al2888dj
08-02-2008, 07:37 AM
ya chris the screw is tight it feels like it seated then when i install the bit go thought the setup everthing is fine , until the bit hits the board motor runs bit not spinning get e. stall 236 i spin bit by hand turns free no rest. ?? flex shaft not seated in motor will try again today the patterns you made really carve great will post pit. soon again thanks alex

ChrisAlb
08-02-2008, 08:20 AM
ya chris the screw is tight it feels like it seated then when i install the bit go thought the setup everthing is fine , until the bit hits the board motor runs bit not spinning get e. stall 236 i spin bit by hand turns free no rest. ?? flex shaft not seated in motor will try again today the patterns you made really carve great will post pit. soon again thanks alex

So let me get this straight. During setup the bit "does" spin as it should after inserting the bit and hitting enter, but then when you go to carve it does not? But the cut motor is running?

If so, I suspect the cut motor is the cause. If this is the case it would seem to me that when the bit encounters resistance hitting the wood, something in the motor (somehow?) is slipping??

Really gald you like the patterns Alex....http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

atauer
08-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Something else you may look into with this case is whether the flex-shaft is seated properly into the z-truck. If the shaft is not fully inserted into the spindle, it will give the error message as well. Also, check to make sure that the ends of the flexshaft core are not rounded. That can give the error message as well.

al2888dj
08-02-2008, 11:15 AM
So let me get this straight. During setup the bit "does" spin as it should after inserting the bit and hitting enter, but then when you go to carve it does not? But the cut motor is running?

If so, I suspect the cut motor is the cause. If this is the case it would seem to me that when the bit encounters resistance hitting the wood, something in the motor (somehow?) is slipping ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// yea that is write chris ok will try later and check the ends of flex shaft having bad storms here today thanks alex

ChrisAlb
08-02-2008, 11:28 AM
atauer,

Since you don't accept PM's and my emails seem to go unanswered (or perhaps aren't getting through to LHR at all?), I'll have to ask here.

What would it take for me to get my hands on ALL printed and /or PDF materials referencing the CW?

Specifically,

ALL error codes and their meanings.
All electrical schematics and circuit board descriptions.

Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
08-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Sometimes the plastic fixture at the end of the rubber flex at the motor end can come unglued and move making the rubber longer than the metal shaft causing this problem. With the rubber cable removed and the metal shaft installed for you have at least 3/4 metal shaft sticking out of each end?

Is the square hole in the end of the top of the Z Truck still square or did it get rounded?

Remove the Flex cable and install just the QC end. Then with the other end in your hand try to rotate the QC. Provide Resistance to the QC and can you still turn it by turning the shaft?

AL

liquidguitars
08-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I think it could be the flex shaft core is jammed incorrectly to the side of the RPM sensor magnet on the end of the cut motor.

It can be hard to get installed with the hood on and the Z ribbon in the way.

but...

He is getting rotation power at startup ...

quick test:

At the key pad type "07" for the sensor menu, page down to the cut sensor, rotate QC one or two full turns.
do you get a read out like 1, 2 ect.. when turning?

One time, I had to epoxy the flex shaft plastic ends after one came loose, the extra slack of a loose flex shaft tip will make the flex core 2 short and will not engage.

Is the square hole in the end of the top of the Z Truck still square or did it get rounded?

Al, Question, Your damage is only at the top first 3/32 of the spindle" I think" is this a issue? I so hate the OEM locktight :)

LG

al2888dj
08-02-2008, 11:24 PM
liquidguitars At the key pad type "07" for the sensor menu, page down to the cut sensor, rotate QC one or two full turns.
do you get a read out like 1, 2 ect.. when turning?
yea tryed before setup count was 1.2..3 after stall 0 put flex back in 1.2..3.also before the bit stop turnning the flex shaft starts to clich clic click at the motor bit stops flex shaft looks square at both ends of the cable ??you think coud be wired right i have black from power cord to black on motor ,the skinny white to the big white on the cover , the other black to white??? thanks alex

liquidguitars
08-03-2008, 01:25 AM
was 1.2..3 after stall 0

yea its sliping out of the Cut motor..

Are the plastic ends of the Flex shaft glued or sliping?

LG

al2888dj
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
flex shaft would not stay in cut motor , with new flex assembly or old one , put old cut motor back in worked fine , But needs new mag. and holder had to pay shipping back to lhr new carvewright addrees LHR Technologies 4930 Allen Genoa,Suite D, Pasadena Texas 77504

al2888dj
08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
this one works fine , thanks lhr