PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Louisville area

Nate1778
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
own one of these and willing to do a demonstration. I would love to see one work as I am this close to pulling the trigger, I would just like to see it work first. Thanks in advance.............

cnsranch
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Pretty good demo on CW's website, and also check out YouTube - search both Carvewright and Compucarve.

C'mon, man, pull the trigger already :twisted:

Nate1778
08-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Its there, the scratch that is, I just want to know if its worth the itch. I just want to look it over, kick the tires if you will............;)

fwharris
08-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Nate,

You might check the following:
Woodcraft is an authorized dealer of the CW. Outside chance they might have one.

Hunnington Place
1850 So. Hurstbourne Parkway, Ste. 148
Louisville, KY 40220
Phone: (502) 671-0900
Fax: (502) 671-0901
louisville-retail@woodcraft.com

JVallario
08-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I found this site pretty good. http://www.viddler.com/explore/DigitalRoute/videos/2/ -
Matt goes through unpacking, cleaning and carving.

I was in the same boat - nowhere to see one, none of the stores had it. Finally I took the plunge ordered it straight from CW here and it shipped the same day. Haven't even started it yet -been spending time on getting lubes and doing set up. Still have my fingers crossed that it will be as good as it looks.

supershingler
08-03-2008, 05:30 PM
ive had mine not even a month

i was in the same boat as not one in the area

i look at one at sears but the sales people crossed their eyes when i ask them a couple of questions

i finally found an owner in my state and made a call and he told me about the machine and how it worked

believe me if you have an itch for woodworking this is the first machine you should buy.

make a list of all the features and the things that it can do for you compared to the individual tool you would have to buy and the cw is a bargin.

im kind of a newbie but had years of woodworking and am definately a toolaholic.

my wife accused me of buying another dustcollector. now she is by my side helping me design the next carve

great machine

you wont be dissappointed

happy carving

kendall