PDA

View Full Version : Wood chips/dust on memory card

Rocky
08-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I've noticed that wood chips/dust is getting into the slot containing the memory card, as evidenced by wood chips on the card when I remove it. I had assumed it was entering from the outside, but now I'm not sure. Could it be getting there from the inside of the CW; somewhere that is not sealed properly?

Geeez, I'll be glad when I can spend more time carving and less time typing.

Thanks,

castingman
08-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Rocky

Take the bottom panel of and you can sweep it out .

Only about 12 screws.

Michael

Kenm810
08-01-2008, 01:04 PM
One thing you might want to remember or try,
is to do all your dusting and clean of the Machine before removing your memory card,
it helps keep the dust and chips form getting jammed or blown into the socket connectors that the card plugs into.
It's been working for me so far --- 21 Months and counting http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Ps. Thanks Kevin your right, the slot is only an opening in the side if the machine
I should have been more clear in my description .

Amonaug
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
The slot for the card isn't actually a slot at all and is not sealed. If you take the bottome off you'll see that the card is held in place by the groove in the side of the machine on one end and plugged into the computer board on the other but in between it's completely open.

Rocky
08-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I guess that explains how wood chips are getting in. I guess I assumed it was sealed; seems to me it should be. Thanks for the good tips, folks