PDA

View Full Version : Need help please !!!!!!

nissinxx
08-01-2008, 06:12 AM
I have made three plaque so for and all of them seem to loose position in y..
is there a tracking adjustment ?? the last that tool routers the edge will go about an 1.25 to far one way and to short the other .

nissinxx
08-01-2008, 06:14 AM
I should mention that the plaques are 12"X 60"

ChrisAlb
08-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Can you post your MPC and a picture of your carving?

If the pattern you're using is a commercially licensed one, then DON'T post the MPC. But post a picture or two so we can see what's going on.

Also, use SEARCH on "Y Tracking"

nissinxx
08-01-2008, 06:38 AM
I will do so this evening .. I'm at work now

DocWheeler
08-01-2008, 10:35 AM
nissinxx,

If there is a very gradual shift of the carving (and assuming that the board tracks straight), the problem would probably be in the electronics. If it jumps a belt-cog width then you need to clean the belt and drive gear, and tighten the machine screw that holds the idler in the back-side of the machine. The idler is on spring tension, but the machine screw holds the idler so that the motor does not pull the idler so much that it can jump a cog.

That is my understanding and experience - I hope this gives you some food for thought.

nissinxx
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I said it moved in the y axis ....
You are thinking that y axis = length axis ?????

DocWheeler
08-01-2008, 10:48 AM
nissinxx,

I was talking about the Y direction, keypad end to back of the machine (where the belt idler is located).

When I got my machine back from Texas the last time, my idler was not tightened down and the motor would pull hard enough on the belt to jump a cog. Tightening the screw so that the idler could not move solved the problem.

nissinxx
08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
my problem is on the other axis !!!
the sand paper rollers. when it went to router around the board it was not on center any more !!! and with each pas with 3/8 classical tool it kept getting farther and farther off. also the tracking brass roller ... what is the machine relaing on ??? the o-ring of is it the nurl on the roller

liquidguitars
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
what is the machine relaing on ??? the o-ring of is it the nurl on the roller

yes and yes.

Also check for slippage!

check you sandpaper belts and table pressure as the end of the paper can overlap next to the o-ring.
it hard to see but the overlap will screw up the tracking.

LG

DocWheeler
08-01-2008, 11:07 AM
nissinxx,

OK now we're on the same page! The problems with warped/cupped boards has usually been addressed with thickness sander (or planer) and/or masking tape to make sure that the board-edge stays in contact with the roller.

That is a big piece of wood that you are using, make sure that it has good roller supports! Tipping also causes this problem. Another thing to watch is to make sure that the board does not bind the sliding plate.

nissinxx
08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
here is the file that bombs !!!!

Jvicaretti
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Very Nice!