PDA

View Full Version : I need a lttle help on my MPN file

Rocky
07-31-2008, 07:49 PM
I looked for and found the Designer MPN file (favorites.mpn) under my user file containing my favorites and basic patterns (I assumed). I assumed, apparently erroneously, that if I double-clicked on the MPN file that would open Designer and allow me to view them. What I got was a message about purchasing them, so I closed the file. Then I noticed another MPN file was generated (favorites31878.mpn). I opened it and got the same message, then closed it and another MPN file was generated (favoriites3187831.mpn). I then went and opened Designer and there were 3 favorite/basic listings associated with the pattern button all containing the same patterns. So, I went back and deleted the 2 generated files. When I again opened Designer I had no patterns (couldn't even click the button). I undeleted the 2 files and now I'm back to 3 favorite/basic listings.

Ok, now for my questions. What did I do wrong and how do I get back to one favorites/basic listing?

Thanks,

fwharris
08-01-2008, 12:18 AM
I looked for and found the Designer MPN file (favorites.mpn) under my user file containing my favorites and basic patterns (I assumed). I assumed, apparently erroneously, that if I double-clicked on the MPN file that would open Designer and allow me to view them. What I got was a message about purchasing them, so I closed the file. Then I noticed another MPN file was generated (favorites31878.mpn). I opened it and got the same message, then closed it and another MPN file was generated (favoriites3187831.mpn). I then went and opened Designer and there were 3 favorite/basic listings associated with the pattern button all containing the same patterns. So, I went back and deleted the 2 generated files. When I again opened Designer I had no patterns (couldn't even click the button). I undeleted the 2 files and now I'm back to 3 favorite/basic listings.

Ok, now for my questions. What did I do wrong and how do I get back to one favorites/basic listing?

Thanks,

Rocky,

The MPN file is pattern file list for designer but you already know that..

I did the same thing you did with the trying to open the file. You can not view the patterns in this file.

I just deleted the just the new MPN files that were generated and all was back to normal. You also might try deleting them within designer. With the pattern list window open, right click one of the Favorite headings and select delete.

Rocky
08-01-2008, 03:54 AM
fwharris, thanks for your response. I tried deleting them from within Designer, but Designer wouldn't let me, although it would let me delete the original list?

I tried moving the 2 extra files to another directory on my system and that worked.

Thanks again,

ChrisAlb
08-01-2008, 05:20 AM
fwharris, thanks for your response. I tried deleting them from within Designer, but Designer wouldn't let me, although it would let me delete the original list?

I tried moving the 2 extra files to another directory on my system and that worked.

Thanks again,

Rocky,

You need Tim's Pattern organizer. An Excellent little app that will solve your issue. Get it at his site...

http://www.tjswoodery.com/Login.aspx

Just register (free), download it (free) and use it to organize and maintain your pattern file.

It's all I use for keeping my MPN files(s) straight. Thanks Again Tim!!!!

Rocky
08-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks, Chris.

Is this a stand-alone program or is it integrated with CW Designer?

ChrisAlb
08-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks, Chris.

Is this a stand-alone program or is it integrated with CW Designer?

Rocky,

It's stand alone and it's small, fast and efficient. I have 3 MPN files that I maintain with it. With it you can.....rearange & organize folders and patterns, rename them, delete them, back up you pattern file and more.

Simply a great program that I wouldn't be without. It's what Designer "should" do for us.

I had the multiple Favorites and such too...lol...Not any more.

One thing, you cannot access the "basic" folder as that's a proprietary LHR file. It's a good thing too because there's no chance to mess up the patterns that come with Designer......http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Rocky
08-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Rocky,

It's stand alone and it's small, fast and efficient. I have 3 MPN files that I maintain with it. With it you can.....rearange & organize folders and patterns, rename them, delete them, back up you pattern file and more.

Simply a great program that I wouldn't be without. It's what Designer "should" do for us.

I had the multiple Favorites and such too...lol...Not any more.

One thing, you cannot access the "basic" folder as that's a proprietary LHR file. It's a good thing too because there's no chance to mess up the patterns that come with Designer......http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Again, thanks!

MikeMcCoy
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I just loaded the Pattern Organizer and got rid of my rats nest of directories. Nice program.

cnsranch
08-01-2008, 10:00 AM
There's so much info on the forum to new folks to learn from, like the pattern organizer, Crane Cams Lube, on and on. Info like this really helps one climb the learning curve asap. Sometimes, unfortunately, info like that is so hard to find.

atauer
08-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Rocky,

FWharris is correct in his statement. You will not be able to delete them from within the software. You will have to manually delete the files from the directory, leaving just one favorites.mpn file.

Also, I would suggest using the program that everyone else is using. I have used it and it is a great program.

Rocky
08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
There's so much info on the forum to new folks to learn from, like the pattern organizer, Crane Cams Lube, on and on. Info like this really helps one climb the learning curve asap. Sometimes, unfortunately, info like that is so hard to find.

Ok, you raised my curiosity. What is Crane Cams Lube and how is it used on CW, if that's the implication?

I'll feel better when I can get to a point where I can help answer questions as opposed to just asking them. :)

ChrisAlb
08-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Ok, you raised my curiosity. What is Crane Cams Lube and how is it used on CW, if that's the implication?

I'll feel better when I can get to a point where I can help answer questions as opposed to just asking them. :)

For the flex shaft.

Go here for a full explanation......

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53871&postcount=4

And folks, PLEASE use the SEARCH feature of this forum. It save us a LOT of time constantly repeating information......http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

cnsranch
08-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Sorry, I didn't get that - could you repeat yourself?

ChrisAlb
08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Sorry, I didn't get that - could you repeat yourself?

Sure......&&^%$$^%&*^^&^$$%$^%$^%^%ing **&(&^^&ss ^^&^**(**$#^%

Did you get that!!...LOL

fwharris
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Sure......&&^%$$^%&*^^&^$$%$^%$^%^%ing **&(&^^&ss ^^&^**(**$#^%

Did you get that!!...LOL

OH I get it now..

MUST BE TGIF

atauer
08-01-2008, 11:30 AM
One more time chris. I didn't catch all of that. I got lost after:

&&^%$$^%&*^^&^$$%$^%$^%^%ing

ChrisAlb
08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
One more time chris. I didn't catch all of that. I got lost after:

&&^%$$^%&*^^&^$$%$^%$^%^%ing

Sorry buddy. That's the FASTEST typing I've ever been able to do. Don't think I could repeat it "Accurately" again....:rolleyes:

But a smart guy like you can use your imagination for the rest I'm sure...lol

AWoodsmith
04-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I tried that link for the software and it is no longer available, can anyone help?

Ed

fwharris
04-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I tried that link for the software and it is no longer available, can anyone help?

Ed

Ed,

That has not been active for a while now. I think Tim's site is not up any more either.

SteveEJ
04-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Sounds like a great utility. Any one have it available so it can be downloaded by others. It looks like Tim is no longer on the forum and from what I read, he wouldn't mind as he was posting it for free.

Steve