PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Cabinet

SandBuoy
07-31-2008, 01:06 AM
My wife asked me to build a cabinet for the end of the bed for our shoes. I have been working on this for about 2 weeks now. Had to glue up the boards and plane them down before I could carve them. My wife did the detail staining on it before I varnished it. I think she did an excellent job on it.

I still have the rope moulding to do for around the top edges and the back to stain and put on. I carved out 2 each of the scallop shell, sea shells, sand dollars and mermaid from 1/2" sand corian. It did such a nice job I only had to sand the sharp edges from the cut out.

I need to thank a few people for their sharing patterns on here or sending them to me to use. But also want to thank everyone for all their help and information on this forum that makes it possible for us people to achieve these things.

I thank, Autobody for the mermaid, Router Jim for the Oval, Rough Cut for the lighthouse scene on top and Weezimp for his probed shell pattern. BTW Weezimp, those shells made a fantastic looking paper towel holder that the wife loves. Will post it later for all to see. Thanks Ringneck for helping me on some of the carving technique.

badger
07-31-2008, 01:31 AM
Beautiful Piece SandBuoy.

Nice job on the finishing.

castingman
07-31-2008, 07:22 AM
Sanduoy,

Thats Beautiful ! Nice job !!

Michael

mtylerfl
07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Great job!

fwharris
07-31-2008, 10:57 AM
SandBuoy,

Great job! Both of you should be proud of how it turned out. Always glad to help out as you already know!

Now you have to make sure your shoes are clean before you put them away!

SandBuoy
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey don't even go there FW. I am putting some matching brown foam shelf protectors on my side just for that reason. next you'll be giving her ideas about making a show cleaning caddy beside it.

fwharris
07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Could be worse, she could make you keep your shoes on the back porch or there might not even be enough room for your shoes because of all of her shoes!

Ken Massingale
07-31-2008, 12:36 PM
That's a beautiful piece of work, T.
ken

Router-Jim
07-31-2008, 01:05 PM
SandBouy, that turned out very nice. I bet your wife is very glad you got your carving machine.

Keep up the good work. :cool:

Jim

supershingler
07-31-2008, 03:10 PM
sure is funny about our wifes sometimes
my wife was going to divorce me after i bought my machine
i unboxed my on july 5th of 2008
and last night she asked about maybe getting another one
cause i cant get her stuff made fast enough.

but like i always say after 28 years of marriage
"i wouldnt take a million dollars for my wife but i wouldnt want another one like her either" lol

she knows i love her

kendall

roughcut
07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
That looks great
Now thats what makes sharring patterns worthwhile..:-D

SandBuoy
07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks for all the kind words gang. The peice turned out so much better then the camera shows. Wife did a heck of a job finishing and gives us just another thing we can share.

SS, after 25 years with my first wife I made sure my second was to order. Won't take a million and couldn't be another like her. But I know where your coming from haha.

supershingler
07-31-2008, 11:07 PM
sand

i think ill have to put both on plaques and see which is more popular

nice shoe bench

i cant say enough about the guys on this forum and all the help everyone gives and all the project ideas that everyone has

going to go buy a camera and start posting some pic (if i can figure out how)

this machine has brought new attitude to my life

i done more woodworking in the last month than in the last 5 years

well bedtime i have to get up early and do some finish work before i head out for the weekend

happy carving all

and thanks again for everyones help

kendall

Virginia Beach Carver
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Nice looking project, does it come in extra large industrial size. Does my wife have you many shoes I think so but she keeps finding reasons to get more.

SandBuoy
08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
VBC, buddy, those shelves are adjustable. I think your boots would fit. Its 49" long x 25" high and 13" deep. Totell you the truth I think I was the reason for this project. I have two pairs of slippers, one for good and one for running out side real fast. 3 pairs of tennis shoes, one for the shop, better ones when we go shopping and even better one when I go somewhere with her. She got tireds of tripping over them so said make it or loose them. Some choice she gave me huh?

Hers, not sure where she hides them. But I swear she has 20 pairs and she says she doesn't. Even told me to show her all these shoes. now you now with a statement like that she preplanned it. I'll find them some day, then she can play that game of hide and seek for them. :twisted: