PDA

View Full Version : Need some info

Ike
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Bought another machine from Amazon.com. It is a Carvewright ,does anybody know if the CW's from Amazon have been updated with all the new parts. Like Z motor and other upgraded parts?

Ike

Penguin3D
07-30-2008, 01:35 AM
I am thinking about picking up a machine from Amazon since they have the bundle that includes a full bit set and free shipping. So, I would be interested in the answer to this question too. Doesn't Amazon drop ship items like this? i.e. they make the sale and CW ships directly to you. So, machine should be the latest. Just a wild guess.

Ike
07-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I am thinking about picking up a machine from Amazon since they have the bundle that includes a full bit set and free shipping. So, I would be interested in the answer to this question too. Doesn't Amazon drop ship items like this? i.e. they make the sale and CW ships directly to you. So, machine should be the latest. Just a wild guess.

Paid the extra shipping for 2 day delivery, Amazon shipped it yesterday for today delivery by UPS. From the route tracking it comes from Amazon in Sparks Nevada. It traveled to Reno, Nev. right next to Sparks then to West Sacramento Ca. and out for delivery. Yes they ship directly to you and they must stock the machines in the Amazon warehouse.

Still wonder if the units are newer to have all the updated parts? Anyone else recently bought a CW from Amazon recently?

Ike

Ike
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
UPS delivered my CW from Amazon arrived in great condition. Paperwork showed LHR sent the CW to Amazon 5-7-08 so I would think it has all the updated parts.

Everything looked fine, Z and Y movement very smooth, up and down movement great. Have high hopes for this machine, I know the CC and CW are the same machine. Seems like those with actual CW's has less problems!

Not to mention new machine at Amazon $1699.99 free shipping- Sears $1699.99 rebuilt not sure about shipping. Rather have a new machine then a rebuilt!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
07-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I wish you luck with your new machine !!!!

AL

Ike
07-30-2008, 10:03 PM
I wish you luck with your new machine !!!!

AL

Thanks Chief!

Ike

Ike
07-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Checked the Z pack and for sure it is the updated part. The end cap is the tell tale sign and it was the bigger cap. I am confident the rest has been updated. Strange thing a software disc did not come with it, is that normal? Can't wait to try the Carvewright brand!

Ike

Rocky
07-31-2008, 05:36 AM
Can you tell if it's the updated machine by the serial number?

woodchipsltd
07-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Check out Jason Allen at The Little Red Wood shop. Before I bought my machine from him (I too was interested in saving a few bucks) I looked at Sears, Amazon etc, etc. I'm not sure if Jason still has is package deal going on right now but I got the whole thing, machine, probe, bit package and free shipping for just over $2000.

AND Jason gives great after sale service especially when it comes to how to use the machine and the software. No "on hold" for six hours, no "gee, I really don't know much about that machine" etc, etc, like Amazon and or Sears.

Check it out. And no, I don't get a kick back from Jason! I'm just happy with the service he provided this very new user.
:)

Ike
07-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Check out Jason Allen at The Little Red Wood shop. Before I bought my machine from him (I too was interested in saving a few bucks) I looked at Sears, Amazon etc, etc. I'm not sure if Jason still has is package deal going on right now but I got the whole thing, machine, probe, bit package and free shipping for just over $2000.

AND Jason gives great after sale service especially when it comes to how to use the machine and the software. No "on hold" for six hours, no "gee, I really don't know much about that machine" etc, etc, like Amazon and or Sears.

Check it out. And no, I don't get a kick back from Jason! I'm just happy with the service he provided this very new user.

Sorry already a done deal CW delivered yesterday. I have purchase from Amazon and more comfortable with them, nothing personal.

Still wondering where is the software disc?

woodchipsltd
08-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Ike,

No worries. As long as you're happy. But again, now that you have your machine go to Mr. Allen's web page and sign up for the CNC Art Guild Forum. And you can also give Jason a call should you need any person to person help with your machine. He's a pretty savy guy with regards to this machine and has alway seemed ready willing and able to help regardless of the question.

Good luck and welcome to the CW world!