PDA

View Full Version : Help

jwhanor
07-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Can anyone please help me. I am trying to cut a pattern 6"X27 1/2"
I cut the board 7 1/8" X 34 1/2" which would be 7" longer than the final board dimesnions. When the machine ask if I wanted the board
to stay under the rollers I answered yes then it ask if I wanted it to cut the board to size I said no. The results of the pattern came out
4 5/8"X 21 1/2", at the narrowest point I ask it to cut to 3 1/2" and it came out 2 1/2". What am I doing wrong.
Thank for anyone's help

Audie
07-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Can anyone please help me. I am trying to cut a pattern 6"X27 1/2"
I cut the board 7 1/8" X 34 1/2" which would be 7" longer than the final board dimesnions. When the machine ask if I wanted the board
to stay under the rollers I answered yes then it ask if I wanted it to cut the board to size I said no. The results of the pattern came out
4 5/8"X 21 1/2", at the narrowest point I ask it to cut to 3 1/2" and it came out 2 1/2". What am I doing wrong.
Thank for anyone's help

jw,

(disregard - see ChrisAlb's post)

You might want to save your 3 1/2" pieces for future projects, saves wasted wood, you can tape them to the ends of same width/thickness boards. I have a variety for reuse...as well as an adjustable sled. Wood & gas....to expensive to waste! LOL

ChrisAlb
07-29-2008, 09:55 AM
If the MPC does not contain any licensed patterns, can you post it so we can take a look?

Also, did it ask you if you wanted to "scale" the project at all? Sometimes, if the length of the board is even a 1/16" shorter than the needed 7", it sees that and will ask you that. If it is indeed long enough, answering YES to staying under rollers should not cause a problem.

Also, make sure you have your carving "centered" on the board in Designer.

I'm only rattling off these suggestions if you can't post the file. Chances are good, it's something simple.