PDA

View Full Version : Outline around imported images

sleepurrz
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Not sure if this belongs here, or in the techniques section, but here goes.

I sometimes import scanned images such as custom logos for carving on my pieces. I nearly always end up with a box line around the logo, even with no feathering selected. Same as when I try to snag a MS Clipart image.

Am I missing something? Thx. Kelly

cnsranch
07-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Try "lowering" it in editor right after importing it - the pattern itself you imported has the rectangle around it - lowering it will make that go away.

sleepurrz
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I'll give it a shot...Thanks! k

sleepurrz
07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Okay, I re-imported, and lowered, and it's still there. Better, but still there. BTW what does "flooring" mean? I can't seem to find a definition anywhere. Thx. k

Jeff_Birt
07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
You need to make the background of your image transparent. This means using a PNG of GIF format. I would highly suggest PNG. Do some searching on this subject and you will find lots of information.

atauer
07-28-2008, 02:22 PM
As Jeff stated, you will need to make the background of your image transparent. the easiest way to do this is with an external photo-editing software, using gif or PNG file formats.

Flooring edges is when the software takes the edges of the image and brings them all down to one consistant height level. this is extremely useful, especially when the height of the edges are uneven.

Try doing a search on both of these items. You will pull up pages and pages of valuable information.