PDA

View Full Version : Manual Cutting question

bobinhouston
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I've had the CW for about a month so I'm a newbee.
I made a sled yesterday and had to resort to using a scroll saw to cut the wood to make the sled. When I tried to cut a 3.5" piece of wood off a 24" board it slid past the rollers. Is there a recommended procedure (or limitations) for doing manual cuts ?
ALso...it appears I always have to put the memory card in the machine, even if I'm not retrieving anything from the card. Is the card always required ?
Any comments will be appreciated - thanks.

bdehoyos
07-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I've had the CW for about a month so I'm a newbee.
I made a sled yesterday and had to resort to using a scroll saw to cut the wood to make the sled. When I tried to cut a 3.5" piece of wood off a 24" board it slid past the rollers. Is there a recommended procedure (or limitations) for doing manual cuts ?
ALso...it appears I always have to put the memory card in the machine, even if I'm not retrieving anything from the card. Is the card always required ?
Any comments will be appreciated - thanks.

When you do cuts of 3.5” or less it will slide past the rollers, the rollers are at 3.5” from the cutting tool

And yes you need the card on the machine, the card holds the firmware that controls the machine along with all programs that you upload to it.

BDH

bobinhouston
07-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I will see if I can cut 4" off the board for my next sled. What confuses me however is after the cut the remaining portion of the board will only be under one roller. I guess I would have to manually reposition the board under two rollers each time I do a cut. Is that correct.? Thanks for your reply and excuse my newbee'ness.