PDA

View Full Version : 9 Minutes Short of the Ten Hour Club!

cnsranch
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Almost made it! This is an oldie, but goodie. Yep - that's a 2x12. Two sided, created a path around the pattern, and set it so that there was 1/8" remaining once both sides were carved. Finishing the cut was simple with a jigsaw. I think the carve was longer than it would have been with 1.126 (used 1.30), but it didn't miss a lick, and I found it to be smoother than with the older version.

Will post pics when finish is done (painted silver, letters in black).

Regards

twinpeaksenterprises, LLC
07-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Good job. I like it... Would also like to see the finished project.. WOW almost ten hours.. Yes that must me huge... I think they... Might let you in the ten hour club..haha.. I think Chris Alb and The DH are the presidents of that club. So they should give you recognition. lol... Especially considering it was well over ten hours after the cut out and finish work done... Nice project.. keep up the good work... Im planning on doing the ten hour also here pretty soon.. I got some ideas for my office so hopefully i will have something here to sharee the glory... happy carving. Matt

ChrisAlb
07-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Hell of a nice job CNS!! But jezzzzz...I don't know.....If I had the new software back when I did that Yankee facade, it might have been 20 hours or more....LOL

Well done and "almost" welcome to the club...LOL...http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Cbrown
07-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Impressive sign CNS. Will be an eye catcher for sure.

castingman
07-28-2008, 12:47 PM
HEY !!!

I did a four panel sign that was four hrs a pannel, Doe's that count ?

Michael:rolleyes:

ChrisAlb
07-28-2008, 12:55 PM
HEY !!!

I did a four panel sign that was four hrs a pannel, Doe's that count ?

Michael:rolleyes:

Sorry buddy....not unless you can't count past 4...(at a time)...lol

CNS,

after further review I think we should make you an honorary member. After all, I'm guessing roughly 4 feet, 1-1/2" thick DOUG FIR 1 x 12. The weight alone should cover the 9 minutes...LOL I'll have to check with the DH in a closed session meeting...lol

cnsranch
07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh Boy!! Woohoo!!

I'll be waiting with bated breath (usually baited, but that's a personal problem).

supershingler
07-28-2008, 03:30 PM
cns maybe you can count clean up time too

must be at least 10 minutes lol

kendall