PDA

View Full Version : Question

lostway
07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Had trouble with my new unit after 9 hours due to bit failure while testing the machine. After searching the forum find that most of the senior and knowledgable members are not using the latest version. Appears to me that the 1.3 upgrade eliminated some features that affect the machine's operation, and using the 1.26 would be a better choice until another better fix is presented. Would like some advise on software to use when and if ever get mine back in operation.

Replacing the QC holder problems has kept me down trying to remove it.

ChrisAlb
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
My personal take is use 1.126. You can do everything 1.130 can do with 1.126 and avoid any "potential" problems in the process.

Digitalwoodshop
07-27-2008, 08:30 PM
In my opinion, LHR is working on the Software Request and will offer a update shortly.

In the mean time if you have 1.130 and have not had any cutting problems use 1.130.

I am still using 1.130 and have over 40 cut hours ahead of me in the next few days making 20 plaques at 2 hours each with a cut path and feel confident I will not have any problems.

Broken bits can be caused by any number of reasons from a loose Y Belt to a lost contact with the Brass Roller. A level head is important too. With a board in the machine and the head cranked down place the bit softly on the wood and using the options and the Z Position data check the board in 4 places in width and look at the numbers. It's a QUICK check to tell the health of your machine... I Dubbed the check my "Stick out your toung and say Aah......." Like a Doctor saying Stick out your toung.....

I would love to see LHR add the Z Checking 3 places on the board for Z measurement as part of the board checks.... It would have caught my Cupped Board that stopped giving a Board Error...... And it checks you head level and warns you when it is off... Head Level being off will give you "Check Board" Error as will a cupped board.

Edit...

I was changing a bit while Chris posted.... Tomatto or TOmAto... He is right, 1.126 does give you the same options. You might find the V Text cutting at a higher speed in 1.126 I think.....

AL

ChrisAlb
07-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes, 1.126 does cut the V-text a little faster. But I've never noticed any burning with it. I wonder if cutting it faster is what prevents the burning?

liquidguitars
07-28-2008, 03:52 AM
Lostway here are some of the changes using the new "upgrade" I use 1.130 and the upgrade helped me in my shop 110%

Not shure if it's good in your work but it good for me.

26 Jun 2008 -- Differences between versions 1.130 and 1.126
* Performed major overhaul of machine feed rates and pass depths to improve
quality and accuracy
* Added colorized 2D-view in Pattern Editor
* Added tabbed display for multiple windows
* Added logic to use running Designer, instead of opening a second Designer
* Added magic wand in Pattern Editor
* Improved brush selection in Pattern Editor
* Improved Designer to prevent opening the same file multiple times
* Fixed problem with drafts in cardinal directions
* Fixed bug where pattern name was lost when saving MPW file
* Fixed crash when resizing mirrored paths