PDA

View Full Version : strange noise

dexdog
07-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Hello
Have anyone out there ever experience and ear pearsing nosie from there carvewright machine while it was carving. It works fine, but i can't seem to get rid of the noise. please help.

Amonaug
07-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Well it is a router and is naturally noisy. Are you asking about an unusual noise?

dexdog
07-27-2008, 02:16 PM
yes, is a squealing, something like a bad water pump on a automobile

ps. also this is my first time using a forum. What the different between a post and a thread and how do i delect my post? Thank you for replying.

ChrisAlb
07-27-2008, 02:25 PM

ps. also this is my first time using a forum. What the different between a post and a thread and how do i delect my post? Thank you for replying.

A little more info if possible. Is it a consistant "squeal" like from the cut motor? Or does it change with the movement of the truck?

dexdog
07-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Is it a consistant "squeal" like from the cut motor? its not real bad but, it didn't start til lately. so it concerned me and i haven't used the machine again, i have only had it for a couple of month. I do get a message to check the flex shaft, but nothing seems to change.

Amonaug
07-27-2008, 02:38 PM

A post is an individual message such as this. A thread is a series of posts under a topic. For example "Strange noise" is the topic of this thread and my response is a post.

To delete a post click edit, then delete.

liquidguitars
07-27-2008, 02:41 PM
The Flexshaft tends to "rattel" more when it needs lubeing,
and the cut motor will page off and on when drilling ect..

High pitch noise could be a loose bit!!

LG

Digitalwoodshop
07-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Take your Top Hat off the top of the spindle. If you find a puddle of oil then you have your problem... oil in the spindle bearing... New Spindle. If it's dry than it is most likely the flex shaft. Lube the shaft and turn it end for end and re install it.

AL

ChrisAlb
07-27-2008, 05:27 PM
I agree, sounds like it might be a spindle bearing. That's about the only thing I can think of that would produce a consistent "squeal". While trying A;'s suggestion, with the flex shaft out, spin the chuck by hand and feel for any roughness or binding. Also, see if it moves side to side at all.