PDA

View Full Version : "Y" Position

bjbethke
07-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I’m having a problem with side movement in the “Y” position. It started when I installed the 1.130 update. It looks like it looses a tracking pulse, I do not get any error readings, and it does not happen with every carving. See photo below;

I reloaded 1.126 all carvings are OK with 1.126, checked the gears and drive belts all look OK. Don’t know if it could be in the gears of the Y truck, I haven’t taken that apart. I don’t have a lot of spare parts to replace parts. Just got the machine back from LHR last month and it has been working OK until I installed the 1.130 update.

I have been working on an update on my downdraft system. I have been able to repair some of the carvings by redoing the borders.

I would like to use the 1.130 update. I like it for making PTN’s

liquidguitars
07-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I know this sound simple but looks like the fence was not set. :confused:

but you can check your "Y" encoader" "07" keypad down arrow to the Z and Y reading to check. the number should have a smooth readout.

LG

bjbethke
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I had four carvings do this. The board tracked in the fence OK, one of the carvings almost carved in the fence on the key board side. I am still using 1.126; I haven’t had the chance to reload the 1.130 to try it again.