PDA

View Full Version : cant carve text after carving designs

supershingler
07-24-2008, 08:32 PM
i guess im stumped

i thought i had it figured out when i cleaned my machine
but it did it again

when i carve a design and switch to the v90 to do centerline it stays above the board and goes through the motions of carving but wont carve in the wood.

im doing a baby plaque for a benefit

if i go back and delete the carve and only carve the lettering by writing a new up load the carving works

could it be i need to reformat my card?

or maybe a bad card?

kendall

snood56
07-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi Shiingler,
Check this thread.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8040&highlight=centerline

Amonaug
07-24-2008, 10:53 PM
If he were trying to carve into a carved region that thread would help Snood but there should be no reason it shouldn't carve in the .mpc he has. The only thing I can think of the bit isn't touching the bit plate when he changes bits.

LollyWood
07-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Hi Ken
I had simular problems, try this. Eliminate the rectangle around the board, and select edge route. Select bit, set depth and inset .25, This should not show a carve region and let the text bit see only the surface. Let me know how it works.

ChrisAlb
07-24-2008, 11:46 PM
File looks fine. I'll have to go with Kevin at first glance. During the set up phase, make sure the V bit touches both the bit plate and the wood when finding the surface.

Should be a simple carve.

Whoops...EDIT:

I agree with Bernie. No need for a region to get the edge route. Delete the region, do an edge route...yep...need sleep. Night All........zzzzzzzzz

supershingler
07-25-2008, 07:51 AM
i took the routing off the outside before i up loaded

i didnt think there was any carve region on this plaque

i tried the whole plaque first and the hearts carved about 15% and then seem to raise up and then switched bit to 90 degree v bit and it just went through the motion but didnt engrave anything

i the deleted the hearts off the carve and the lettering work just fine

then i went back in and deleted the lettering and the hearts carved just fine

i always do the edge routeing on my router table

looking at other threads sound like i need to reformat my card
or maybe it is bad

the plaque turned out fine but it took twice the time to get it done

hope i can figure it out

dont know if i can go a night without hearing it scream and the wood squeal

i guess im hooked

kendall

roughcut
07-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Maybe you need to select the bit in designer I did with your upload and it seemed to change how the text appeared.Just a thought........:confused: